Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I disagree with the idea that bad teams have to "learn how to win." You learn to win by winning.

However, I don't agree with you that motivation and discipline are based on winning. I've seen motivated and disciplined teams that lacked the talent. I've seen undisciplined teams that won because they had talent. Those things are a function of the coaching staff. Mike Smith's teams are a good example of teams that were disciplined even when they weren't good. Jeff Fisher's teams are a good example of teams that weren't disciplined even when they were winning.

See that's the thing though so many things go into winning. But at the end of the day talent and execution is the biggest difference.  If you say you have seen motivated and disciplined teams lose because of talent and seen undisciplined win due to talent then doesn't that show you that talent is biggest reason for winning, not these intangibles? 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

See that's the thing though so many things go into winning. But at the end of the day talent and execution is the biggest difference.  If you say you have seen motivated and disciplined teams lose because of talent and seen undisciplined win due to talent then doesn't that show you that talent is biggest reason for winning, not these intangibles? 

Yes, talent and execution are the difference-makers, but a HC can lose the locker-room. It's looking like McAdoo lost the locker-room.

Archived