The New Raider Staff Structure Thread

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Yeah Marcus Williams would be the biggest ticket but there are lots of teams with better cap situations than us. We won't be big FA players. 

I mean we have 50 mil. Say we want to pay Carr($15-20 more) and Crosby($20) and waller($6-8 More), the only contract that we would have to pay would be Maxx and we would still have around 25-28 Mil. 

16 hours ago, NickButera said:

He's an up and coming coach. He's only had 1 year as a DC but his squad (obviously) did very well. 

Other than his rise in the ranks and his good performance last year, I think his most impressive stat is he kept getting retained by new Chicago head coaches. He started with Trestman, was retained and then promoted by Jon Fox, and then retained and then promoted by Nagy (to DC). A lot thought he might have stuck around under Eberflus too.

Also, Seattle tried to poach him once he hit free agency also. Everyone seems to think very highly of him. The Athletic had an article calling him the rising star of the league. 

https://theathletic.com/2805720/2021/09/24/the-bears-bulldog-inside-the-rise-of-sean-desai-nfls-first-indian-american-coordinator/?source=twitterhq

Like you, I find the fact that new people in Chicago wanted to retain him to be the most impressive thing. I hope he becomes our hire.

You think I'd pay for The Athletic? Someone copy and paste for me lol  

14 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean we have 50 mil. Say we want to pay Carr($15-20 more) and Crosby($20) and waller($6-8 More), the only contract that we would have to pay would be Maxx and we would still have around 25-28 Mil. 

We have 34 players under contract, including those and before any cuts. That isn't a lot of money to go around 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

We have 34 players under contract, including those and before any cuts. That isn't a lot of money to go around 

Yeah but a lot of the depth pieces usually get around the veteran minimum. Then you've gotta figure some of them will be draft picks. I'm not saying we swing for the fences but there's ways to make that work. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but a lot of the depth pieces usually get around the veteran minimum. Then you've gotta figure some of them will be draft picks. I'm not saying we swing for the fences but there's ways to make that work. 

Yeah, you aren't paying $30M for Adams though or top dollar for Marcus Williams. Add in Renfrow to extensions 

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Yeah, you aren't paying $30M for Adams though or top dollar for Marcus Williams. Add in Renfrow to extensions 

We're not getting Marcus Williams for sure because we have Moehrig. 

Adams is a little bit more interesting. Car at this point in his career wants to win more than he wants to get paid. I'm sure he would take less money if it meant landing Davante Adams. Car also probably would be completely fine with getting paid next year(when the cap goes up and some of those bad deals can be moved on from) if it meant that we would land Davante Adams this year. Also I don't think you need to pay Renfrow this off-season. Please create a scenario where the only player you really need to pay like that this off-season is Maxx Crosby. Thats how I see it

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We're not getting Marcus Williams for sure because we have Moehrig. 

Adams is a little bit more interesting. Car at this point in his career wants to win more than he wants to get paid. I'm sure he would take less money if it meant landing Davante Adams. Car also probably would be completely fine with getting paid next year(when the cap goes up and some of those bad deals can be moved on from) if it meant that we would land Davante Adams this year. Also I don't think you need to pay Renfrow this off-season. Please create a scenario where the only player you really need to pay like that this off-season is Maxx Crosby. Thats how I see it

Adams contract is going to be huge for years to come, and Carr will take market value of $35M+ imo. The DCs we've been looking at use a lot of two high safety shells so Williams/Moehrig would both see a lot of player. 

4 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Adams contract is going to be huge for years to come, and Carr will take market value of $35M+ imo. The DCs we've been looking at use a lot of two high safety shells so Williams/Moehrig would both see a lot of player. 

I dont disagree with either. I think with Davante Adams the way I look at it is car will do whatever needs to happen with his contract to make Adams work for the salary cap. 

When it comes to the safeties, I think it makes more sense to go with Jabrill peppers who will come in much cheaper because of the injury this year and already fits the system if we end up going with Graham as our DC

28 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Like you, I find the fact that new people in Chicago wanted to retain him to be the most impressive thing. I hope he becomes our hire.

You think I'd pay for The Athletic? Someone copy and paste for me lol  

....I was hoping if I slipped it in there you would copy and paste it for me 🤣

40 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think a big ticket safety is in the cards when the team needs three starting caliber defensive tackles, a starting right tackle, and at least one starting receiver. I would rather see what Gillespie has.

I doubt there’s any big ticket signings tbh. We’ve so few contracted players. And when you combine that with the key players we might want to extend and the contracted players we will likely want to cut, we will have to spend very wisely.

I am intrigued by Gillespie. Would like ti see us either double down and get a mid round safety or a reasonably priced vet.

• Like 3