Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lol so FYI if you turn you field goal down to the minimum it wonā€™t make you go for it itā€™ll make you punt in the red zoneā€¦..

Well that setting literally tells the sim what the furtherst possible FG you want your team to go for.

In theory lowering it does potentially lead to more 4th down conversation attempts, since looking at my code, they'll consider it anytime they're beyond the opposing 45 yard line but before they reach FG try (unless its late in the game and they need a TD). Other factors include O-Aggression and how far they need for a 1st, but it doesn't actually check where they are on the field other than if they could go for a field goal (also lowers the chance slightly for each yard line beyond their own 40). Never thought to add a check to see if you're deep in the opposing side of the field becuase I never considered a FGTry that low, lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well that setting literally tells the sim what the furtherst possible FG you want your team to go for.

In theory lowering it does potentially lead to more 4th down conversation attempts, since looking at my code, they'll consider it anytime they're beyond the opposing 45 yard line but before they reach FG try (unless its late in the game and they need a TD). Other factors include O-Aggression and how far they need for a 1st, but it doesn't actually check where they are on the field other than if they could go for a field goal (perhaps I should add that, lol).

Me once I saw the punt from theĀ 17Ā 

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

Ā 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In theory lowering it does potentially lead to more 4th down conversation attempts, since looking at my code, they'll consider it anytime they're beyond the opposing 45 yard line but before they reach FG try (unless its late in the game and they need a TD). Other factors include O-Aggression and how far they need for a 1st, but it doesn't actually check where they are on the field other than if they could go for a field goal (also lowers the chance slightly for each yard line beyond their own 40). Never thought to add a check to see if you're deep in the opposing side of the field becuase I never considered a FGTry that low, lol.

Now im curious what the teams would do with an agression of 0.

Would they just kneel every play?

Punt on third down?

Maybe we can find out next year in one of the blobfish - venom matches

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You should add a Drop Kick/Fair-Catch Kick Option to the Sim.

Edited by SirA1