Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Weird how Matt Ryan was picked over Big Ben..

in the 13th

Ryan being picked over Ben isn't weird at all. They're sim-similar, and Ben just announced his retirement.

Ryan lasting until the 13th round is very weird. Two QBs were selected in the first round, and, in my opinion, one of those should have been Ryan. (The other being Carr is the right call.) A total of six QBs were selected ahead of Ryan this year. That's far too many.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ryan being picked over Ben isn't weird at all. They're sim-similar, and Ben just announced his retirement.

Ryan lasting until the 13th round is very weird. Two QBs were selected in the first round, and, in my opinion, one of those should have been Ryan. (The other being Carr is the right call.) A total of six QBs were selected ahead of Ryan this year. That's far too many.

Big Ben is the best QB in the Sim from what I hear tho

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ryan being available in the 13th is crazy. I didn't even know he was available, not that I would've picked him given I have Russell, but still. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Big Ben is the best QB in the Sim from what I hear tho

Who said that? I mean, if that's what you think you read, it explains your confusion.

I said that Ben was the best sim QB available in the draft. I said that before keepers were announced, and didn't realize that Ryan would be available. When that was pointed out, I said that Ryan and Ben were on the same level in the sim.

Carr is getting closer, had a strong 2021 NFL season and has more upside: him being an early pick is justified. For one season, I believe that Ryan has the edge.

17 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Ryan being available in the 13th is crazy. I didn't even know he was available, not that I would've picked him given I have Russell, but still. 

I was surprised he lasted so long too - I considered taking him a few times but with an already established quarterback it's just a waste of a pick at any point, IMO. 

QBs are weird.. very few people need them, so you either get the desirable one(s) early, or you can wait for the late scraps

I've often thought if I didn't have a QB I liked, I'd just never tag QBs and draft a pretty good vet every season in the double-pick rounds

8 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I was surprised he lasted so long too - I considered taking him a few times but with an already established quarterback it's just a waste of a pick at any point, IMO. 

Possibly. I like the flexibility of having a top 10 sim QB in my PS. If an offer for Rodgers comes in, I can consider that offer knowing that I have a legitimate player ready behind him.

Heading into next season, if someone decides that they want him, they can keep him for 1 tag. If I get more than a 13th round pick for him, it's a win.

Or, nothing happens and he walks, like many of the other PS players.