Justin Jefferson: Keep getting better in Year 3!

vike daddy

I think my MVP Watch Top 10 stands like this through 16 weeks:

One through five: 1) Patrick Mahomes, 2) Jalen Hurts, 3) Josh Allen, 4) Joe Burrow, 5) Justin Jefferson.
Mahomes and Hurts are still jockeying for position in my eyes. It’s really close. The last two weeks will matter.

Six through 10: 6) Nick Bosa, 7) Justin Herbert, 8) Trevor Lawrence, 9) Micah Parsons, 10) Saquon Barkley.
Bosa is one dominant dude right now. I expect him to be the heavy favorite for Defensive Player of the Year.

Peter King

On third-and-11 from his own 41, Cousins delivered a short screen pass to Jefferson, who turned upfield and gained 17 yards to the Giants 42. Cousins and the Vikings hurried to the line of scrimmage before spiking it with just four seconds remaining. 

Jefferson said he thought he possibly could have scored on the play before Joseph's kick, but he wanted to leave the team with enough time to make another play.

Jefferson: "I was one person away from scoring, maybe if I would have slipped the tackle, I would've hoped I would have scored. But if I would have gotten tackled in-bounds, maybe the clock would have ran out. Everything happens for a reason, and kudos to Greg by getting that kick up."

https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-tj-hockenson-set-franchise-records-win

jeez, so he's situationally smart too...?

• Like 2

Jefferson needs the following amount of yards to pass these players' best season totals:

25 Isaac Bruce
78 Antonio Brown
92 Jerry Rice
115 Julio Jones
191 Cooper Kupp

208 Calvin Johnson (NFL season record)

gawd... just think if he could do it in this next game. he'd have it in 17 games, so it would be totally indisputable.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, vike daddy said:

Viking team season receiving records:

Jefferson has the 1st, 3rd, and 6th best seasons, (2022, 2021, 2020)

Moss has the 2nd, 4th, and 5th. (2003, 2000, 1999)

if...

Jefferson had 17 more passing yards in 2021, and
38 more yards in 2020...

he would hold the #1, 2, and 3 positions in Viking team history for seasonal passing yardage.

Moss would have the #4, 5, and 6 seasons.

23 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder how Jefferson would do in Cincinnati and how Chase would do in Minnesota...

He'd probably already have 2000 in Cincinnati.  😂

Thankfully, we won't know...but considering Chase has had injury issues in Cincy already, I wouldn't want him considering how hard JJ has been getting hit.  

• Like 2