2022 NFL Scouting Combine - March 1st thru 7th

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly I wouldnt bet against it. They reached for Jamin Davis last year. If he hears anyone is smitten with Willis, you can expect us to be making phone calls. 

Every year, well maybe not every year but 2 months ago "no first round QB s " Now, I almost expect 3 in top 11 picks . Us, Denver and Pittsburgh-(trade up ) Carolina in the mix too . 

Edited by RSkinGM

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well that explains that. 

I tell you I always try to keep my grades flexible because when you watch these guys in practice or throw and drop back and interact with guys they haven’t played with before tells so much. Willis I really see this guy adapt quick when he has to throw to a spot he can. He’s going to have to learn the reading and progressions but he showed he could work through them and throw a pass away and escape pressure these things are growth from what you see at Liberty. I think this guy has the tools and the mental to take to the coaching. I’d turn his card in

Dang the big guys are out here showing out. Ikey is just a stud. Zion Is a smooth interior mover. I really like how athletic he is and for as raw as his technique is man this guy can be a stub because he uses his hands and feet well. With better form and better leg and lean work I think this guy can be really good.

• Like 1

OT Bernhard Raimann from Central Michigan putting up some numbers thus far: 30.5” vertical jump at over 300 pounds and 30 reps on the bench. He’s an interesting guy, old for a prospect but young in the game (hails from Austria). Have seen mocks where he creeps into the 1st, good chance he’s there for our 2nd, but I wonder if we would have OT fully off the position wishlist based on the Leno re-signing. 

Young man by the name of Cole Strange from UT-Chattanooga had an all-time top 5 broad jump for an OL (10’0”) and also put up 31 reps on the bench. That’s a pretty powerful, explosive dude. Have never watched him, but I think decent agility numbers will have him firmly on the watch list for a potential OG. 

• Like 2

I think OG Kenyon Green is flying under the radar. He did okay today at the combine but I don't think his stock improved much with a 5.24 forty and 20 reps on the bench. I'm not sure if he would fall to our second round pick but I would love it if it happened. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was such a rollercoaster of highs and lows but I thought there were actually a lot of WR who were disappointments.

Treylon Burks calling card was athleticism so it was a surprise he tested just average. Just like DK, he had a really bad 3 cone as well. 

Both Ohio St. WRs Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson are nothing special athletically and both are small.

David Bell tested the worst out of all the highly touted WRs. How far is he going to fall? Or he is this year's Nick Bolton? 

In summary, I want nothing to do with a first round WR and I'd consider that the absolute worst pick we could make at #11. Maybe Jameson Williams or Drake London can change my mind if they run at their pro days. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Young man by the name of Cole Strange from UT-Chattanooga had an all-time top 5 broad jump for an OL (10’0”) and also put up 31 reps on the bench. That’s a pretty powerful, explosive dude. Have never watched him, but I think decent agility numbers will have him firmly on the watch list for a potential OG. 

Went ahead and watched a bit of Blockter Strange (I just coined that, want full credit). The kid can play.

This is from Chattanooga’s game against Kentucky this season. He’s the LG, #69.

He holds up like a rock against those SEC boys. He’s not quite as nimble in space as I was hoping he’d be — but he fires off the ball, gets his mitts into them, and gives no ground. He does look a little light in the pants, but he’s obviously strong and he seems to handle the UK DL just fine. Good positional blocker, obviously understands what they’re trying to do in the run scheme (as he should, 5-year starter). Not over-the-top violent like some guys (*ahem* Penning *ahem), but you see some pretty physical finishes even against a big school team. 

Would consider him a genuine option in the 3rd or 4th. May go higher than that, honestly, I imagine some OL coaches are going to really appreciate him. 

24 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Breece Hall is the standout RB with a 4.44 forty and 40 inch vertical. I'm a little surprised by this because I didn't think he looked all that athletic on tape. I think he'll have his fans and might flirt with the first RB taken. 

He would be my first RB taken. I think that makes me one of his fans 😂

• Like 1