2022 NFL Scouting Combine - March 1st thru 7th

MikeT14

Mentioned a couple TEs in the other thread, but Daniel Bellinger from SDSU has probably opened some eyes with his start to the workout (4.62 40, 125” broad jump).

That combo is comparable to guys like Jonnu Smith and Gerald Everett. Dudes who are clearly, unequivocally good athletes for the position, even by NFL standards.

EDIT: Just posted 22 bench reps (equal to both Smith and Everett) and a 34.5” vertical. The latter is a hair on the disappointing side, but he’s doing it at 253 pounds, which is heavier than either of those guys (15 pounds moreso than Everett at the combine).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

This is why you do the combine. Pickett is QB1. The hand issue is minor. Look at everything else. 

Okay, maybe I’m wrong and the hand size won’t be a problem at all. Would I pick him? No. If they do end up with him I’m going to cheer him on like crazy. I’d much rather have Pickett, Willis, Corral or Howell over the retreads we keep being linked too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

The possible numbers people are throwing around for Chris Olave’s 40 are crazy. I really want to see that. Could he be Justin Jefferson?

And then he went and ran even faster than I heard he might. 4.26? That’s stupid. 

He’s a top 12 pick now. Full stop. That’s basically Henry Ruggs speed, except if Henry Ruggs was also good at football. And not in jail.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

Christian Watson running 4.28 at almost 210 pounds is also just silly. Fastest time ever for a player that size or heavier. How did he not put up more numbers in FCS? Even at a run-heavy juggernaut like NDSU, if you’re 6’4 and run 4.28, how are you not eating everyone alive??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Mentioned a couple TEs in the other thread, but Daniel Bellinger from SDSU has probably opened some eyes with his start to the workout (4.62 40, 125” broad jump).

That combo is comparable to guys like Jonnu Smith and Gerald Everett. Dudes who are clearly, unequivocally good athletes for the position, even by NFL standards.

EDIT: Just posted 22 bench reps (equal to both Smith and Everett) and a 34.5” vertical. The latter is a hair on the disappointing side, but he’s doing it at 253 pounds, which is heavier than either of those guys (15 pounds moreso than Everett at the combine).

What range do you think he goes in? Could he be a mid round guy? I have to wonder what we’re going to do at TE. We obviously have Logan as our vet but he’s coming off a major knee injury and who knows if he’ll be ready for camp or 100% to start the season.  Then, we have Bates who showed a lot as a blocker as a rookie and flashed a little as a receiver. Then, we obviously have Reyes developing as more of a project. There’s a possibility he could be reliable enough to be our #3 QB this year and mainly just be a special teamer. 

And, I definitely think we should re-sign RSJ bc he’s a good receiver and ok as a blocker. If Logan isn’t able to start the season RSJ could start the season & Bates would play when we go 2 TE sets bc he’s such a great blocker.

Taking a TE mid to late rounds again to develop though doesn’t seem like a bad idea, I just don’t know if they’re do it bc I think Rivera is hell bent on developing Reyes to a good back up TE for us, maybe more if we’re extremely lucky for once.

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

And then he went and ran even faster than I heard he might. 4.26? That’s stupid. 

He’s a top 12 pick now. Full stop. That’s basically Henry Ruggs speed, except if Henry Ruggs was also good at football. And not in jail.

Olave is soo, so good, people have always slept on how good of a WR he is. He and Garret Wilson should both be top 20 picks. They catch everything, are fast, athletic & run great routes. And, they have years of experience of performing at a high level at Ohio State, what else do people need to see?