Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Alatar makes the more sense than Tom. Pretty sure Tom is supposed to have been around ages before Melkor. 

Yeah I thought so with Tom, but can’t think of anyone else it’d be aside from one of the Blue Wizards. I know they came to Middle-earth together, but they are never really fleshed out. So they don’t necessarily need to land at the same place.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

Probably because it actually looks a lot better in the show. Better than the Cave Troll at least. I also can’t take that Tweet seriously given her history for posting and retweeting stupid things like the below:

Hard, hard disagree. The movie actually looks like a movie. The show looks like a cut scene in a video game or something. It's so computery that it looks bad imo. To each their own

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I thought so with Tom, but can’t think of anyone else it’d be aside from one of the Blue Wizards. I know they came to Middle-earth together, but they are never really fleshed out. So they don’t necessarily need to land at the same place.

I hope he’s one of the blues. Though I don’t know if they have the rights to the actual names so it may be different in the show.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

Check the breakdown

10- 37k

9…2- 49k votes 

1- 29k

Rotten Tomatoes audience is at 39%. Amazon turned off reviews, I believe on its own site.

IMDB uses weighted average for that reason, and there are lots of things in the 6-7 range that have 1's and 10's spammed. Removing all of them the average goes up less than 0.2. It's also like 2 episodes in. As it's out longer there will be more mid-tier rankings. On IMDB it doesn't look unreasonable.

Edited by Bullet Club

35 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

IMDB uses weighted average for that reason, and there are lots of things in the 6-7 range that have 1's and 10's spammed. Removing all of them the average goes up less than 0.2. It's also like 2 episodes in. As it's out longer there will be more mid-tier rankings. On IMDB it doesn't look unreasonable.

Yeah I think it’ll all balance out when the season ends. At least on IMDB.

Edit: though it was definitely review bombed on there as well initially. I think I saw scores from a lot of people a few days before the premiere even happened.

Edited by Xenos

33 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I think it’ll all balance out when the season ends. At least on IMDB.

Edit: though it was definitely review bombed on there as well initially. I think I saw scores from a lot of people a few days before the premiere even happened.

Oh, I'm sure it was to an extent at the beginning. You shouldn't be allowed to score something before it comes out unless you're credentialed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

Check the breakdown

10- 37k

9…2- 49k votes 

1- 29k

Rotten Tomatoes audience is at 39%. Amazon turned off reviews, I believe on its own site.

And this is why IMDB is the indisputable best to get a general good, bad, great, terrible review.

All the people who say, “Derrrrrr, it’s review bombed…” Neglect that IMDB has handled this, and they also neglect that people do the exact opposite and rate it too highly to fight the review bombers.

Also, I’ll grant you should never look at an IMDB score for at least a week, and then after a week you’ll get a good idea.

You’ll get the best idea after a year.

Bottom line though… With 119,000 reviews on IMDB… A 6.8 translates to about a 5.9 if it was a movie.

TV always has a high score.

With this series sitting at a 6.8… It’s not good. I’m not saying it proves it’s terrible, but I am saying this is closer or something the CW would put out than something someone trying to be a premier streaming platform should be putting out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That was boring 

Amazon doesn’t know WTF it’s doing and it’s blaming their incompetence on  racism and they’re putting more into convincing the world they’re blameless than just accepting legitimate blame and accepting that they ****ed up.

Say it with me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Amazon doesn’t know WTF it’s doing and it’s blaming their incompetence on  racism and they’re putting more into convincing the world they’re blameless than just accepting legitimate blame and accepting that they ****ed up.

Say it with me.

A show can be bad and still have racist trolls.

• Like 2

After a slow start at least it’s picking up speed now. I guess they had no choice but to get to the story at some point, lol. 

Spoiler

Not gonna be a fan if that turns out to be plot armored Gandalf. 

It still feels and looks more ‘fake’ than it should and also like the WOT, it has weakened some/most of its men characters. That should change with the Numenor dudes and the wizard maybe, and if the elves ever wake up, but then they introduce Isildur’s sister? LOL! SMH. Oh well. It’s better than WOT, but it should’ve been A LOT better.  I’d say it’s closer to WOT than it is to the original GOT. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike