Amazon’s LOTR Rings of Power

Xenos

21 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Are we looking at the same beast? Hideous yes. Evil though? Now if it ate a harfoot, maybe I’d agree. Thing just looks sickly to me, bug-eyed with rotten teeth. Not as scary as it is confusing. They didn’t even SHOW it doing anything but NOT being able to sniff out and eat any harfoots. Didn’t even chase them. Lol. Unnatural or birth defected would be better but the harfoots don’t examine it really. So what does the audience think? We’re obviously torn between horribly bad cgi, or horribly explained beasts by the other characters. 

Jesus. And Again. The very first episode of GOT introduced the direwolves so much better. 

Not being snarky, but maybe part of why I like this show so much is because I don't compare it to GoT. I have no interest in that show and will probably never watch it all

Edited by adamq

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

Not being snarky, but maybe part of why I like this show so much is because I don't compare it to GoT. I have no interest in that show and will probably never see it

No. That’s completely fine. It’s quite the commitment for working or studying guys, especially with young kids. On top of that it’s got to interest you and then u have to commit to yet another streaming service and all that. I get all that. But if u can make the time, the very first episode of GOT, S1E1, streams on HBO for free. Don’t have to even sign up for a trial period and that stuff.

I remember reading the hobbit and really liking it. But I loved the the LOTR books so much that I read them at least 2 times, maybe some parts 3 or more... I think fans and viewers just want this show to be good, and don’t have much to compare it to, but it’s gonna be hard to pull off, and it’s gonna be compared to GOT fair or not. I’ve never read martin’s books. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:09 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'm still not seeing why several millennia old Galadriel has zero political savvy or knowledge of how to influence people.  Enjoyed most of the rest of episode three though.

If the only thing she’s done is hunt things down and it’s her singular focus for centuries, I can see why she’s not politically savy and blunt compared to Elrond. At least in this show.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:35 AM, adamq said:

It looks fine right there. Probably would look better at night. I actually don’t mind the early proto warg design they’re going for. The main problem is the way it moves which is not great to put it nicely.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

If the only thing she’s done is hunt things down and it’s her singular focus for centuries, I can see why she’s not politically savy and blunt compared to Elrond. At least in this show.

Yes. I think that’s a good point. She thinks the elves are too political already(I do too),so she believes that she has to counter that. This is her flaw. Good thing for them that she jumped off that damn boat. But now, she’s probably about to kick up the mother of all ungodly hornet’s nests.

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

Just now, SMashMouthMike said:

Yes. I think that’s a good point. She thinks there elves are too political(I do too),so she believes that she has to counter that. This is her flaw. Good thing for them that she jumped off that damn boat. But now, she’s probably about to kick up an ungodly hornet’s nest. 

It depends on how she handles things going forward. They can’t keep her as the blunt instrument continuously because even that would be too much for me. She at least showed some progression at the end of episode 3 in asking Elendil and Halbrand for help.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

It depends on how she handles things going forward. They can’t keep her as the blunt instrument continuously because even that would be too much for me. She at least showed some progression at the end of episode 3 in asking Elendil and Halbrand for help.

Yeah. I’m not sure. I kinda ignore the hobbit’s bit containing that fight in dol guldur?, when they rescued Gandalf. Because she and elrond don’t even fight in the LOTR. Something has to happen by then, to explain this change in her imo. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

Uncle “cold hands” Benjen is in this? That’s good. 

More of Isildur’s sister. Sigh. 

Of course Galadriel escapes from 4 guards. /eyeroll.

Way slower episode than I anticipated. But then the last 2 minutes progressed a lot further in the plot than I thought they’d get to.  

Definitely not what I expected. Still, not WOT bad, but not the great episode that they needed. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike