I'd be upset too if I were Aaron Rodgers.

38 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Well, I remember Don Horn, Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, All the wayzo with Jim Del Gaizo, then we sold the farm for John Hadl, Carlos Brown, then relative decent play from Lynn Dickey and David Whitehurst for 7-8 years. Then Randy Wright and the Majik man until Favre.  That doesn't even mention Rich Campbell, our #1 pick that never started a game.

Dickey was a stud. That guy could really chuck the ball.

• Like 1

A lot of those 80s teams were a heck of a lot of fun to watch and what made me fall in love with the Packers. They weren't world beaters but they were mostly competitive and entertaining. Dickey and Lofton. Majik and Sharpe. Douglass, Johnson, and Anderson. It's not like it was a decade of 4 win seasons with nobody to root for. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

A lot of those 80s teams were a heck of a lot of fun to watch and what made me fall in love with the Packers. They weren't world beaters but they were mostly competitive and entertaining. Dickey and Lofton. Majik and Sharpe. Douglass, Johnson, and Anderson. It's not like it was a decade of 4 win seasons with nobody to root for. 

The Forrest Gregg years were the worst .. that was hard to stomach at times.  The Packers were dirty and Gregg's feuding with Ditka got way out of hand.  Embarrassing times for a few years.  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:56 PM, Nick_gb said:

To counter your statement: 

2006: 3rd Round Greg Jennings

2007: 3rd Round James Jones

2008: 2nd Round Jordy Nelson

2009: Went all in on a 3-4 defense change with Raji / Matthews but managed to scoop up this gem in the 4th round TJ Lang
2010: Bryan Bulaga 

2011: 1st Derek Sherrod, 2nd Randall Cobb

2012: You got me there

2013: Round 2 Eddie Lacy and Round 4: David Bakhtiari 

2014: Round 2 Davante Adams

So sick of this notion that if they're not drafted in the 1st round you're not putting players around your QB to succeed. 

AJ Dillon and Amari Rodgers should also be on that list

On 2/18/2022 at 8:51 AM, spilltray said:

They lost 2 in season. Bakhtiari doesn't count. Jenkins and Meyers. Multiple injuries at the same position group isn't uncommon, it's even happened to the Packers in the Rodgers area. Look at some of the db or wr groups the Packers have had to work with in the playoffs. I'm not going to look up specific combos, but we've seen position groups hit like that here, and I'm sure that isn't a unique situation.

Both of whom are critical pieces to that group

On 2/18/2022 at 7:43 AM, coachbuns said:

I agree when the team is healthy but it wasn't for their SF loss  .. they missed MVS, Tonyan, Bak, Jenkins with Myers and Turner back in their 1st game after injury.  Amazing they did what they did with a very good chance of winning it all if Rodgers would have hit the open receivers and special teams not screwing up.  Hope they all come back and STAY healthy for 1 more run. 

This.  No question when our guys are healthy at all positions such as WR and TE, we got the horses to beat all the top teams including LA, TB and SF.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:46 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Injuries happen to every team. Can't blame the GM for guys with no injury history getting hurt. 

You need your MVP, max contract, team leader QB to step up and not play like ****. And well . . . yeah. 

No but you can blame him for drafting complete dud hacks like E St Brown and Deguara who are complete trash and bring nothing of value to this offense.  I hope we drop kick both those clowns outta here ASAP and get some actual backups.  Or in ESB's case, just kick him and guarantee Amari Rodgers his spot going forward.

i feel like you're referencing not taking a WR/TE/RB in the first and not OL so i wonder how many super bowl winning teams drafted a WR/TE/RB with their 1st round selection. we know that NE won a number of those SBs but i can't think of single skill player who was a rookie on any of those teams.

our defense has been very bad at times over those past 17 years. the superbowl year with standing we've been drafting where our needs were and i'm sure we've missed out on a T. Hill/A. Brown/Gronkowski here and there but when you're drafting in the mid to late 20s year in and year out you're on a winning team.

• Like 1

He has had TWO HOF receivers, our bad they were second round draft picks lol. Also, the the fact that sentence is vague enough to include Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Cobb says a LOT. Not that those four should make the hall, I'm just sayin - those are high quality NFL players.

Edited by oldmansmell

3 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

This.  No question when our guys are healthy at all positions such as WR and TE, we got the horses to beat all the top teams including LA, TB and SF.

No but you can blame him for drafting complete dud hacks like E St Brown and Deguara who are complete trash and bring nothing of value to this offense.  I hope we drop kick both those clowns outta here ASAP and get some actual backups.  Or in ESB's case, just kick him and guarantee Amari Rodgers his spot going forward.

A 6th round WR and a 3rd round TE in his 2nd year aren't great. 

Better fire the GM!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I agree about St. Brown.  But man, you are reaching with him.  He was a scratch off lottery ticket that just didn't pan out, despite getting a few of the apples to line up right away.  I read where he was projected as a 3rd round talent, we got him later, and he just isn't very good.  It happens.

Deguara.  It takes TE's 3 years to figure it out in the NFL.  Deguara was injured right away.  Don't count him out just yet.  Tonyan didn't do jack until his third year either.  Took Finley a few years to figure it out.....etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I agree about St. Brown.  But man, you are reaching with him.  He was a scratch off lottery ticket that just didn't pan out, despite getting a few of the apples to line up right away.  I read where he was projected as a 3rd round talent, we got him later, and he just isn't very good.  It happens.

Deguara.  It takes TE's 3 years to figure it out in the NFL.  Deguara was injured right away.  Don't count him out just yet.  Tonyan didn't do jack until his third year either.  Took Finley a few years to figure it out.....etc.

1. Which is why Gute and LaFleur should pay a price for allowing him to waste a roster spot and not take Begelton over him who's 1000x better, and not getting Amari Rodgers who's also better more snaps.  BAD!!!

2. Enough of this ridiculous 3 years talk.  It does not take TEs three years to learn how to catch a football and Deguara can't catch **** to save his life, and he's the slowest TE in Packer history

20 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Oh give me a break with this ****.  You telling me it takes 3 years for a TE to learn how to catch a football?  To become faster?  Or learn how to break a tackle?

If he can't do those things now ... And he can't, he never will!  PERIOD!!!

Deguara is only in his second year and lost all of last year. He had 2 drops on 33 targets for 6.1 percent drop rate. Not stellar, but at the same time you see players like Hockenson posting a 6.9 percent drop rates or Adams at 5.5 percent in their second years. And they played their rookie seasons, unlike Deguara.

You also should think of him as an H-Back, not a TE. You're looking at a player meant to be more Kyle Juszczyk than anything. And he was a top 12 (by PFF grades) run blocker this year (Lewis was top 7).

He's not going be your TE1, but he plays a valuable role in the offense that MLF wants to run.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

1. Which is why Gute and LaFleur should pay a price

lol wut.

17 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Begelton over him who's 1000x better, and not getting Amari Rodgers who's also better more snaps.  BAD!!!

...you do know Begelton failed to even join any practice squads and is back in the CFL, right? Really kind of blows away your "1000x better" take.

Also not really sure how you can say this year's version of Amari Rodgers is better than ESB. Plus Rodgers and ESB are different types of WRs who play not only different roles in the offense but also on special teams.

• Like 1