2022 Pro Days

JetsandI

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Because he played on the minimum 

Roughly 1600 players get to play every year in the NFL, the career expectancy of a player is 3-4 years before they are out of the league. If you play in the NFL "you got game", and if your fortunate enough at any price to play for 10 years. Then I would have to say that regardless of his talent OR impact on the game kudos to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Roughly 1600 players get to play every year in the NFL, the career expectancy of a player is 3-4 years before they are out of the league. If you play in the NFL "you got game", and if your fortunate enough at any price to play for 10 years. Then I would have to say that regardless of his talent OR impact on the game kudos to him.

He sucks

So I stand by that I don't let the combine change my opinion on players. Especially at the top of the draft. At least from what I see on film standpoint. But sometimes (normally a few guys each year) can change my opinion. I will never move a guy hugely up my board or down my board, but I will move them. 2 guys stand out to me this year that I have moved. And both DEs.

Up my board

Travon Walker: I moved him up bc I didn't think he moved that well. At 275lbs I thought he was a "JFM" type and his speed and agility showed otherwise. Still would rather a few other guys ahead of him... but he moved up on my board quite a bit.

Down my board

Kayvon Thibideaux: I moved him down due to nothing on the field. The guy has been an issue in interviews and saying all the wrong things. Thought he could silence some people with his combine and interviews and he didn't. Just has brought more issues to him. If we know one thing about JD is that he likes high character guys in the draft. And Thibs isn't fitting that mold really. If he doesn't do anything drastic to change this, I'm not even sure he will even be on our board. I know this sounds crazy, but I in all honestly think we have high character guys like Ojabo and Karlaftis rated over Thibs.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So I stand by that I don't let the combine change my opinion on players. Especially at the top of the draft. At least from what I see on film standpoint. But sometimes (normally a few guys each year) can change my opinion. I will never move a guy hugely up my board or down my board, but I will move them. 2 guys stand out to me this year that I have moved. And both DEs.

Up my board

Travon Walker: I moved him up bc I didn't think he moved that well. At 275lbs I thought he was a "JFM" type and his speed and agility showed otherwise. Still would rather a few other guys ahead of him... but he moved up on my board quite a bit.

Down my board

Kayvon Thibideaux: I moved him down due to nothing on the field. The guy has been an issue in interviews and saying all the wrong things. Thought he could silence some people with his combine and interviews and he didn't. Just has brought more issues to him. If we know one thing about JD is that he likes high character guys in the draft. And Thibs isn't fitting that mold really. If he doesn't do anything drastic to change this, I'm not even sure he will even be on our board. I know this sounds crazy, but I in all honestly think we have high character guys like Ojabo and Karlaftis rated over Thibs.

I wrote off Walker because he played a JFM role at Georgia if I'm not mistaken.  If Saleh thinks his skillset fits on the outside and will use him like that, not like JFM, then I'd be fine with the pick.  If he's going to be used inside then I'll be upset.

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wrote off Walker because he played a JFM role at Georgia if I'm not mistaken.  If Saleh thinks his skillset fits on the outside and will use him like that, not like JFM, then I'd be fine with the pick.  If he's going to be used inside then I'll be upset.

It is easy to move JFM to inside because he isn't that quick.  Walker is a different story.

I totally forget about Pro Days. lol    I changed Combine to Pro Days for this thread.

Greg Dulcich doesn't stop impressing everyone.   Solid Senior Bowl. Solid Combine. Solid Pro Day.     I wish I can read his learning process at blocking for Jets' sake.

If the combine was unprofitable for teams, why not just go to the pro days. The combine has its place, for the most part the combine offers an insight into the character of the individual outside of the talent. Especially those considered top 10 talents.

That doesn't take away from the fact that players who wind up drafted after the 1st round escape the character issues, should they have some or not.

As far as the combine is concerned "speed kills" so 40 times are good to know especially if you're a TE, WR,RB. BP is good to know "strong" regardless of the position. But especially if you're a DL,OL,CB, LB.

So the combine has its place and just as the Senior Bowl has its place and most of those invited will be drafted by some team. So the S.B., Combine, and Pro Days all have their place.

But I think the greatest advantage for any team now more than ever is "are there any character flaws" which would keep us from drafting said prospect.

What team wants a guy and we see it year after year, drunk driving, domestic violence, drug use, etc. 

I enjoy the combine, it gives the unknown or the lesser known opportunity to shine and make some serious money.