JetsandI

6 hours ago, NewAge said:

Thoughts?

4. Kayvon Thibodeaux

10. Trevor Penning

35. Daxton Hill

38. Jahan Dotson

69. Jelani Woods

I'd love the Kayvon Thibodeaux pick I think he's going to become an NFL freak of nature and regardless how much I want Ikem Ekwonu at #4 for Zach Wilson; I want Kayvon Thibodeaux even more. 

If we go Kayvon Thibodeaux @ pick 4? Then @ #10 we need to go after Sauce Gardner CB; in order to completely Re-Vamp our Robert Saleh Defense with an elite Edge Rusher + true #1 CB. 

Also I would not pass up on Trey McBride 2nd round (for a Safety) because this kid is the next elite NFL TE and is going to take the league by storm. Trey McBride makes me not want Dalton Schultz as much (although I'd love both).

Jahan Dotson would be an absolute steal if he fell to us @ 38 and I'd celebrate.

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Actually you know what Jordan Davis is my pick at 10 if he’s there. 

Why?  What has he done in the field that warrants even a FRP?  90 tackles (51 solo), 12.5 TFL, 7 sacks does not scream FRP to me. When I watched him, he just does not seem to be an impact player other than commanding double teams. Q gets double teamed and people go nuts over his lack of production.

Lets be real here. He was always going in round one to a team that has much of their D already set and wants a space eating iDL. He is only being hyped now because he ran fast for a man his size.

So we booted Maccagnan for drafting DT every first round and you want to draft a DT in round 1? 

Heck no, we have many more needs. Quinnen Williams is not a bad player, hes one of the better DTs in the league. We need to improve the roster elsewhere. DE, LBer, WR, TE, OL, CB, S 

All bigger needs. 

I am thinking we grab a DE in round 1. There are some good ones who probably won't fall to round 2, I can see 4-5 DEs going round 1.  Unless we address DE in FA, its a huge need for this defense.  CB, WR, and OL are also spots I think we could go round 1. And I don't think Kyle Hamilton is out of the question, Saleh made comments how if a safety is a unicorn they could go safety if hes that good of a talent. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

So we booted Maccagnan for drafting DT every first round and you want to draft a DT in round 1? 

Heck no, we have many more needs. Quinnen Williams is not a bad player, hes one of the better DTs in the league. We need to improve the roster elsewhere. DE, LBer, WR, TE, OL, CB, S 

All bigger needs. 

I am thinking we grab a DE in round 1. There are some good ones who probably won't fall to round 2, I can see 4-5 DEs going round 1.  Unless we address DE in FA, its a huge need for this defense.  CB, WR, and OL are also spots I think we could go round 1. And I don't think Kyle Hamilton is out of the question, Saleh made comments how if a safety is a unicorn they could go safety if hes that good of a talent. 

Don't exaggerate.🙂

Jets have many high picks so they can afford to get DT in 1st if they want to.   I heard Jets like Matthew Butler as 3T but they aren't alone.

Drafting a DT isn’t a bad pick. Drafting 5 in 6 years is bad drafting. We also have an additional 1 we’d be using to get this player so we’re in a bit of a luxury position. Right now I’m seeing the options there being Sauce(unlikely), WR(again unlikely), OL(Penning?) or BPA(probably Davis)

For the pass rush you’d have Lawson and Kayvon on islands. Q and JD on the interior with one of them getting 1v1 unless they block at TE but then the TE is on an island with Lawson or Kayvon. 

They have to block 6 or max pro to stop that from with JFM, Huff and whoever were we add rotating in. 

The D-Line isn’t nearly good enough as is for this defense.

• Like 1

Jordan Davis' brilliance doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Hes a difference maker just by being there. 2 grown men on the OL arent enough to even stop him. Hes going to change some teams DL and make it unstoppable. So many ways we could go in this draft. Only thing I am 100% opposed to at this point is Hamilton at 4. I also am not on the McBride at 35 or 38 train either. There will be 20-30 better football players available at that point in the draft. Ferguson, Woods or Ruckert in rounds 3-4 are all much better value. This is going to be a very very exciting and interesting top 10. I feel like our defense is going to get a real infusion of youth and talent that elevates the unit enough to see a major difference in this team overall. 

If Aaron Donald 2.0 was out there, I just know some of these fans will miss him because they continue to bring up Dline prospects we drafted almost 10 years ago. 

I'm really open minded in this draft. I like too many prospects. In the top-3 rounds, no poisiton is off limits for me. I just want a couple of defensive players we can build around that will keep the defense consistant over the next decade.