Will the KO Offense be a Knock Out?

vike daddy

KOC: 

"My number one role I see for this organization is to be a constant rock of steadiness and being the same guy every day. Anybody can do that when things are good and things are easy, or you're not experiencing adversity. I believe leadership is showing those things that you say you're about, authentically and real. That doesn't mean that you don't go through the same things right alongside your players and coaches, but you got to do it in a way that provides a path always, moving forward and constantly chasing what we're trying to chase around here.

"I learned a long time ago that there's no sense feeling sorry for yourself, for your circumstances. There's a place to be there for your team on a 24/7, 365-day basis, but never without projecting hope and genuine excitement because that's how I feel about this organization and our players and coaches."

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-2024-preseason-concludes-roster-cuts-ahead

Jared Allen: "From the Vikings' standpoint, I like where they're moving. The J.J. McCarthy thing was sad, it's unfortunate. I think he has a bright upside, especially with Coach O'Connell. I think O'Connell is going to do a great job. With Kwesi and everybody there, I really like where they're at from a leadership standpoint."

VikingsTrueFans.com

37 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

are there presently any other NFL head coaches or offensive coordinators that were once NFL quarterbacks?

Doug Pederson - Jaguars HC

Alex Van Pelt - Patriots OC
Ken Dorsey - Browns OC
Luke Getsy - Raiders OC (practice squad)
Mike Kafka - Giants OC
Kliff Kingsbury - Commanders OC
Kellen Moore - Eagles OC
Adam Stenavich - Packers OC (practice squad)
Zac Robinson - Falcons OC 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

i totally missed that Kingsbury played in the NFL

As a player:
 * Offseason and/or practice squad member only

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Doug Pederson - Jaguars HC

Alex Van Pelt - Patriots OC
Ken Dorsey - Browns OC
Luke Getsy - Raiders OC (practice squad)
Mike Kafka - Giants OC
Kellen Moore - Eagles OC
Adam Stenavich - Packers OC (practice squad)
Zac Robinson - Falcons OC 

FWIW, the only Gophers football game I ever saw in person was Alex Van Pelt at QB for the Pitt Panthers vs. the Gophers at the Metrodome shortly before the Great Blizzard...

A little different, but I was always amazed at Nolan Cromwell being a long-time WR coach in the NFL, considering he was one of the best safeties in the NFL when I watched him play. 

Edited by swede700

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

A little different, but I was always amazed at Nolan Cromwell being a long-time WR coach in the NFL, considering he was one of the best safeties in the NFL when I watched him play. 

wasn't Mike Tomlin a wide receiver in college, but became a defensive coordinator before head coach?

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

wasn't Mike Tomlin a wide receiver in college, but became a defensive coordinator before head coach?

Tomlin was an All-Yankee Conference selection in 1994 as a wide receiver at William & Mary.  His first three coaching positions was as a receiver coach.

A good week 1 for the KOC offense.

Started off strong with 21 points in the first half however 0 points scored in the 2nd - even a couple of field goals to close out the game would have been excellent.

Again like the start of last season we had a sloppy fumble lost - we won't beat the next teams on our schedule doing that.

Edited by viking

5 hours ago, viking said:

A good week 1 for the KOC offense.

Started off strong with 21 points in the first half however 0 points scored in the 2nd - even a couple of field goals to close out the game would have been excellent.

?????

nyg-score.gif

• Like 1