Will the KO Offense be a Knock Out?

vike daddy

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

A young QB would be great to develop behind a young and extremely promising OL, with the best WR in the game, and a top 10 security blanket TE.

we’ll see. Let’s hope we rest up next week and start game-planning for the Giants.

All sounds good on paper but we’ve leaned on Cousins playing out of his mind in the fourth quarter. There’s needs to be a shift in mentality and coaching and execution has to get better. It just baffles me that the same issue rears it’s ugly head every week and the players and coaches simply can’t overcome it.

Edited by vikingsrule

2 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Bad defenses lose games by wide margins.

Bad defenses never help a team advance far in the playoffs.

Good defenses make meager offenses and QBs look good; e.g. Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Jim McMahon.

3 Ints and a lost fumble doesn’t help either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

All sounds good on paper but we’ve leaned on Cousins playing out of his mind in the fourth quarter. There’s needs to be a shift in mentality and coaching and execution has to get better. It just baffles me that the same issue rears it’s ugly head every week and the players and coaches simply can’t overcome it.

So no one can improve from year one to year two? Or you haven’t seen enough good in year one to think that things will ever be good enough?

They are winning a lot of games and not playing their best ball. I see that as a great thing in year one. I want them to improve too, but to see this year as anything other than a wild success is pretty pessimistic, imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So no one can improve from year one to year two? Or you haven’t seen enough good in year one to think that things will ever be good enough?

They are winning a lot of games and not playing their best ball. I see that as a great thing in year one. I want them to improve too, but to see this year as anything other than a wild success is pretty pessimistic, imo.

The winning is great and of course they can improve next year. Which is what I had said a couple of posts back; I don’t think it’s fixable this year. It will take an offseason of reflection. But I agree, the wins will help with culture and they’ve obviously outplayed expectations. But we have a negative point differential for a 12 win team, which is absurd. There is no way they can match their performance in one score games next year, so let’s find a way to put teams away in the second and third quarters. 

• Like 3

I think to be more effective offensively we need to improve in 3 areas. 
1. Kirk needs to be more consistent with decision making.  He has been amazing at times, but to take the next step he needs to force the ball less (to Hock, and Thielen specifically), get rid of ball quicker/throw ball away, be better in risk-reward situations, and checking out of calls at the LOS. He has looked good running the ball and should consider that more. 

2. KOC needs to better with play calling. He gets some slack for being a rookie HC and first time play caller, but 15 games in he should be less predictable. 

3. OC or guys in the booth need to do a better job of identifying, analyzing and communicating with KOC during games. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SotanKing said:

yeah..this is his worst year in a while based on most of the advanced stats data..he usually used to rank in 5-15 range in EPA/Play for most of his career but this season he is ranked around 20th. This also has been worst season accuracy wise based on CPOE %(used to measure accuracy)..he usually used to be near top3 or top5 in this stat. Even his PFF grade has gone down this year when compared to last 3 seasons

Thanks for reminding me why I hate analytics and statistics!!

15 hours ago, Purplexing said:

The talent on O is being used effectively, .... most of the time.

The talent on D isn't being used effectively .... most of the time.

Logic says the most effective way to improve results to the greatest extent is to improve the greatest weakness....

So we'll draft a RunningBack in round 1 lol

18 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

A young QB would be great to develop behind a young and extremely promising OL, with the best WR in the game, and a top 10 security blanket TE.

we’ll see. Let’s hope we rest up next week and start game-planning for the Giants.

We aren't going to be anywhere near a draftable QB this year.