STAR WARS Prequel Trilogy Mafia (Galactic Republic and Jango Fett wins!)

TheKillerNacho

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I would personally flip 8 and 1 because at least 1 had a fantastic saber fight scene. I also would personally flip 4 and 6 and maybe flip 9 and 2...but we're splitting hairs at this point IMO.

There is absolutely nothing that will move me from putting Menace on the bottom. I don't watch a ton of movies, but it is arguably the worst movie I've ever seen.

Who is the protagonist of The Phantom Menace? I think most would say Anakin, but we don't meet him until 45 minutes into the movie, and he has no real agency or stock or even comprehension of what's going on. He's just a kid who's a long for the ride. Obi-Wan is stuck on a ship complaining during an entire planet's events. Qui-Gon has no actual story arc.

Speaking of Qui-Gon, what is even his role in the movie? If Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn were fused together into one character known as Obi-Wan Kenobi, what would have actually changed? What was the purpose of Qui-Gon's death? To convince Obi-Wan to train Anakin? They already had the shoe-horned in midichlorian story to explain why Anakin needed to be trained. Which, by the way, I'm fairly certain Menace is the ONLY Star Wars media of any kind that mentions midichlorians. 

Since there is no actual protagonist of this story, they had to go full circle and not include any actual antagonist. Who is the antagonist? The Trade Federation? Viceroy Gunray? 

What even is the plot of The Phantom Menace? A trade blockade is keeping Naboo from getting any trade. So what? Are they unable to grow food on Naboo? Does it not have water? Two Jedi Knights (they're knights in the scrolling screen backstory even though Obi-Wan isn't promoted to Knight until the end of Menace) are sent to negotiate with the Trade Federation? Why? Is that what Jedis do now? And because Coruscant sent Jedi they decide to kill them? Why? Why not just send them home and escalate Palpatine's plan? And in order to kill them they pump in visible gas? And the Jedi then hold their breath but don't use their sabers to cut out of the room which is something they demonstrate later that they can do, but instead they are saved because some guy thought "they should be dead by now, destroy what's left of them" (what does that even mean??????????) and opens the door. 

Then they decide to go down with the army that's invading Naboo in order to warn Naboo about that same army (how does this work exactly???). And that army apparently lands on the opposite side of the planet, so what was the Jedi plan? Run all the way there faster than the army? Did they expect to find a Gungan that would lead them to his city and then they could use their Jedi powers to manipulate him into giving them a ship to go through the planet core? Which, outside of pushing useless battle droids, our first introduction to the "good" that is the Force is Qui-Gon using it to manipulate innocents to get what he wants. Also, why do the Gungan and the Naboo have a symbiotic relationship when they are on the literal opposite sides of the planet from one another? Also also, how do the Jedi even know about the droid invasion and how it will affect the Gungans? All they know at this point is that they were sent to negotiate with the trade federation about the trade blockade.

Okay so the Jedi rescue the Naboo (which is apparently just a bunch of military guys, despite being a allegedly peaceful people with no army we never once see a civilian Naboo) and get on a ship to leave. They have to fly through the blockade though which is like... supposed to keep ships from flying through. But don't worry they have a shield generator that R2-D2 fixes and as soon as that's fixed all the tension is relieved like "oh of course we can make it through a naval blockade as long as we have a shield. Glad other trade ships don't realize that." This scene also brought us the famous "sitting ducks" line which means it is the only Star Wars movie to introduce two things (midichlorians and ducks) that are never seen or mentioned again. 

So then R2-D2 does his job while other droids are also destroyed doing the same thing but nothing emotional for them. But no R2-D2 gets to literally be brought up to the Queen and personally thanked. And then the actual Queen is ordered to go clean him. What? What is the point of thanking droids? Did they thank the ship too? 

So then they go to Tatooine and despite wanting to avoid any and all suspicion, Qui-Gon decides to take the blubbering idiot, the slow-moving droid, and an attractive young girl with him instead of his able-bodied partner into the desert. He then tries to manipulate Wattoo into selling him a part for useless money (our second glimpse of the "good" nature of the Force) and then uses it again to manipulate a perfectly fair bet into his favor (The Force looking really good here). I guess the idea here is that we're supposed to percevie Wattoo as a "bad guy" because he owns slaves I guess? Even though the movie does nothing to demonize slavery or even make it clear they're slaves. There's no chains/beatings. Anakin and his mom live comfortably in their own house and apparently can have their own hobbies and lives, they just can't leave the planet or else their head will explode.  

The fact that Anakin built C-3PO is absolutely ridiculous. He says he built him to help his mom around the house, but C-3PO himself admits in later movies that he can't do much besides translate. Does his mom need a translator in the house? Also, why in the entire world does he say "Human Cyborg Relations" when he was built as a house servant? Why did Anakin decide to build his own droid but it end up being the same as a droid that's clearly mass produced in the Star Wars universe? 

So then we get back to Naboo. The blockade is down to a single ship now which is super convenient? We've now decided that Viceroy Gunray is the true antgaonist so we decide to hunt him down and capture him and then it'll be over? I guess as long as Anakin accidentally destroys the blockade ship? The Jedi certainly have to be victorious in the battle against Darth Maul as well. Wait? Who is that again and what purpose does he serve? Don't forget about the Gungans too and their battle against the Droids. There are somehow four different stories going on at one time at the ending, and the only one that carries any actual interest is the one that is least related to the actual story. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also, like mwil just said....Pickle if you're right how does this mean you've outed 2 scum?

Potentially.  Not certain.  Orca connected forge to DrDoom.  Then forge loses it and cries and then claims my character.  So presumably Forge was either agitated bc he is scum and was getting voted for d1 based on a nonsensical reason that Orca came up with or Orca was correct and he was agitated bc both himself and DrDoom were connected/outed d1.

So there is a potential scenario where DrDoom could actually be with Forge 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

...you think Empire is the worst of the original? You can't possibly be serious. This is alarming.

I mean, it's still a great movie.  I just think it's the least awesome of the three.  They just like, do an evacuation, hang out in a swamp, and put a dude in carbonite.  VI has the best space battle, and IV lays so much important ground for everything.

6 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Tell ya what Tugs, I’ll make the next game I host a Fast Series mafia. 

Cool, sounds phenomenal.  I hope i can find a way to play.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Potentially.  Not certain.  Orca connected forge to DrDoom.  Then forge loses it and cries and then claims my character.  So presumably Forge was either agitated bc he is scum and was getting voted for d1 based on a nonsensical reason that Orca came up with or Orca was correct and he was agitated bc both himself and DrDoom were connected/outed d1.

Lolol

16 minutes ago, Forge said:
35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Can anyone tell me whether or not historically Nacho uses any type of a GF mechanic? If I recall correctly, it's either him or @Whicker that hates it more than anything else...which of the two is it?

He does

So one of you made a high risk godfather play day 1 to eliminate a huge role. Kudos to whichever one of you did it.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

There is absolutely nothing that will move me from putting Menace on the bottom. I don't watch a ton of movies, but it is arguably the worst movie I've ever seen.

Who is the protagonist of The Phantom Menace? I think most would say Anakin, but we don't meet him until 45 minutes into the movie, and he has no real agency or stock or even comprehension of what's going on. He's just a kid who's a long for the ride. Obi-Wan is stuck on a ship complaining during an entire planet's events. Qui-Gon has no actual story arc.

Speaking of Qui-Gon, what is even his role in the movie? If Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn were fused together into one character known as Obi-Wan Kenobi, what would have actually changed? What was the purpose of Qui-Gon's death? To convince Obi-Wan to train Anakin? They already had the shoe-horned in midichlorian story to explain why Anakin needed to be trained. Which, by the way, I'm fairly certain Menace is the ONLY Star Wars media of any kind that mentions midichlorians. 

Since there is no actual protagonist of this story, they had to go full circle and not include any actual antagonist. Who is the antagonist? The Trade Federation? Viceroy Gunray? 

What even is the plot of The Phantom Menace? A trade blockade is keeping Naboo from getting any trade. So what? Are they unable to grow food on Naboo? Does it not have water? Two Jedi Knights (they're knights in the scrolling screen backstory even though Obi-Wan isn't promoted to Knight until the end of Menace) are sent to negotiate with the Trade Federation? Why? Is that what Jedis do now? And because Coruscant sent Jedi they decide to kill them? Why? Why not just send them home and escalate Palpatine's plan? And in order to kill them they pump in visible gas? And the Jedi then hold their breath but don't use their sabers to cut out of the room which is something they demonstrate later that they can do, but instead they are saved because some guy thought "they should be dead by now, destroy what's left of them" (what does that even mean??????????) and opens the door. 

Then they decide to go down with the army that's invading Naboo in order to warn Naboo about that same army (how does this work exactly???). And that army apparently lands on the opposite side of the planet, so what was the Jedi plan? Run all the way there faster than the army? Did they expect to find a Gungan that would lead them to his city and then they could use their Jedi powers to manipulate him into giving them a ship to go through the planet core? Which, outside of pushing useless battle droids, our first introduction to the "good" that is the Force is Qui-Gon using it to manipulate innocents to get what he wants. Also, why do the Gungan and the Naboo have a symbiotic relationship when they are on the literal opposite sides of the planet from one another? Also also, how do the Jedi even know about the droid invasion and how it will affect the Gungans? All they know at this point is that they were sent to negotiate with the trade federation about the trade blockade.

Okay so the Jedi rescue the Naboo (which is apparently just a bunch of military guys, despite being a allegedly peaceful people with no army we never once see a civilian Naboo) and get on a ship to leave. They have to fly through the blockade though which is like... supposed to keep ships from flying through. But don't worry they have a shield generator that R2-D2 fixes and as soon as that's fixed all the tension is relieved like "oh of course we can make it through a naval blockade as long as we have a shield. Glad other trade ships don't realize that." This scene also brought us the famous "sitting ducks" line which means it is the only Star Wars movie to introduce two things (midichlorians and ducks) that are never seen or mentioned again. 

So then R2-D2 does his job while other droids are also destroyed doing the same thing but nothing emotional for them. But no R2-D2 gets to literally be brought up to the Queen and personally thanked. And then the actual Queen is ordered to go clean him. What? What is the point of thanking droids? Did they thank the ship too? 

So then they go to Tatooine and despite wanting to avoid any and all suspicion, Qui-Gon decides to take the blubbering idiot, the slow-moving droid, and an attractive young girl with him instead of his able-bodied partner into the desert. He then tries to manipulate Wattoo into selling him a part for useless money (our second glimpse of the "good" nature of the Force) and then uses it again to manipulate a perfectly fair bet into his favor (The Force looking really good here). I guess the idea here is that we're supposed to percevie Wattoo as a "bad guy" because he owns slaves I guess? Even though the movie does nothing to demonize slavery or even make it clear they're slaves. There's no chains/beatings. Anakin and his mom live comfortably in their own house and apparently can have their own hobbies and lives, they just can't leave the planet or else their head will explode.  

The fact that Anakin built C-3PO is absolutely ridiculous. He says he built him to help his mom around the house, but C-3PO himself admits in later movies that he can't do much besides translate. Does his mom need a translator in the house? Also, why in the entire world does he say "Human Cyborg Relations" when he was built as a house servant? Why did Anakin decide to build his own droid but it end up being the same as a droid that's clearly mass produced in the Star Wars universe? 

So then we get back to Naboo. The blockade is down to a single ship now which is super convenient? We've now decided that Viceroy Gunray is the true antgaonist so we decide to hunt him down and capture him and then it'll be over? I guess as long as Anakin accidentally destroys the blockade ship? The Jedi certainly have to be victorious in the battle against Darth Maul as well. Wait? Who is that again and what purpose does he serve? Don't forget about the Gungans too and their battle against the Droids. There are somehow four different stories going on at one time at the ending, and the only one that carries any actual interest is the one that is least related to the actual story. 

Sir, this is a Wendy's...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

the wire roland brice GIF

When I read orca's idea at first i thought he was saying that DrDoom had inside info because he's TKN buddy, which is why he voted Forge. Now I get it. I made that much harder on myself than needed.

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

I am a Glover fan, and I think I've seen bits and pieces of but never stuck it out. I have Disney plus and some time so I'll check it out.

Also, going into this game, I was aiming to go for an inactive day 1 again since it worked wonders last time. It's always between you and gopher for me, but you actually seem to be here this time.

GOPHER

I'm generally fine with an inactive vote for day 1, but I think there are others in the game more worthy of it than Gopher. Sanchez is the scariest inactive IMO because he's a dangerous scum member

VC

Forge - 5 - DrDoomIQ, The Orca, [Pickle Rick], Jlash, AFlaccoSeagulls

Slappy Mc - 3 - squire12, JoshstraDaymus, Daboyle

Glen - 3 - gopherwrestler, Raves, 11sanchez11

Pickle Rick - 2 - [Forge], MWil23

11sanchez11 - 1 - wolfeyestrk

Malfatron - 1 - Slappy Mc

Matts4313 - 1 - Glen

Daboyle - 1 - Whicker

JoshstraDaymus - 1 - kingseanjohn

Whicker - 1 - RuskieTitan

Tugboat - 1 - Tk3

Yet to vote: bcb1213, Malfatron, Matts4313, Tugboat, Danger, RandyMossIsBoss

Around 6 hours, 15 minutes left in the day!