Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

On 11/8/2017 at 12:42 PM, disaacs said:

10-FOX-E.png

Packers-Bears (Why, oh why)

Vikings-Washington

Saints-Bills

Bengals-Titans

Got to admit if I were a West Coast, nonpartisan for any of these teams, I would MUCH rather see the Saints-Bills.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:59 AM, Klomp said:

Another update:

10-FOX-E-V3.png

Their changes:
-all CA exc San Diego, OR, WA, AZ, NM, ID, NV, UT, MT, AK; Lansing MI; Omaha NE; Wichita KS; Joplin MO: GB-CHI to MIN-WSH
-New York NY; Hartford CT: MIN-WSH to NO-BUF
-Atlanta GA; Orlando, Fort Myers and Gainesville FL: NO-BUF to MIN-WSH
-San Diego CA; all CO and WY; Kansas City MO; Topeka KS: GB-CHI to NO-BUF
-Cape Girardeau MO: GB-CHI to CIN-TN

Huh, they like you guys. They really like you (cause I know that ain't for us).

On 11/9/2017 at 5:42 PM, Cearbhall said:

I feel bad for Redskins fans that have to deal with Clemmings being on their team. We know how it feels. With him at LT any long developing play is doomed. The result is likely worse than a sack as he leaves the DE in solid position to force a fumble as he sacks the QB. And yes, I believe that Kai Forbath would get a sack if he was pass rushing for an entire game against Clemmings 1 on 1 pass protection. Clemmings is putrid as an NFL backup offensive lineman and much worse as a starting LT.

To be fair, Clemmings is our #4 tackle. It's possible Ty Nsekhe (our #3 tackle, out since week 3 due to core muscle surgery) will come back this week. He would be a significant improvement. Nsekhe is actually a good tackle in his own right, but he's had a long path to the NFL (via AF2, AFL, and CFL) and is stuck behind Trent Williams and Morgan Moses.

At least Nsekhe would make the offense palatable.

8 hours ago, disaacs said:

It seems that Washington's entire offensive line is questionable for the game, so we'll have to see who actually plays.

Morgan Moses has been gutting it out on two bad ankles for a few weeks now. I would expect him to play, even with the Questionable/Limited report. Williams is the kind of player who we have to kind of prevent from playing because he'll go out there even with the bum knee. I would not expect him. Nsekhe, as I said before, might return. I somewhat expect Spencer Long to play so that would give us back our starting center. That would mean moving Chase Rouiller to guard, which would be better than Shawn Lauvao. The big question mark is Brandon Scherff; don't have real insight but I would lean towards no.

4 hours ago, whitehops said:

They're probably hoping Trent Williams can play in the worst way.

If he was healthy, absolutely. However, when you have an AllPro, you don't want to be stupid about bringing him back too soon. Again, Ty Nsekhe is not a bad guy and would have been playing for Trent if he hadn't gone down first.

48 minutes ago, Woz said:

To be fair, Clemmings is our #4 tackle. It's possible Ty Nsekhe (our #3 tackle, out since week 3 due to core muscle surgery) will come back this week. He would be a significant improvement. Nsekhe is actually a good tackle in his own right, but he's had a long path to the NFL (via AF2, AFL, and CFL) and is stuck behind Trent Williams and Morgan Moses.

At least Nsekhe would make the offense palatable.

4, 3, 2, or 1 our DE’s will feast. That’s just what they do. ;)

Kai Forbath has been gone from Washington for two years, and he sure doesn’t miss FedExField. The kicker entered the NFL with the Redskins in 2012 before being let go one game into the 2015 season. Forbath joined the Vikings last November, and on Sunday returns to play at FedExField on its much maligned turf. At FedExField, he is 30 of 37 on field-goal attempts for 81.1 percent. In all other NFL games, he is 75-of-82 for 91.5 percent.

Forbath: “The field isn’t the best, but fortunately I’ve kicked there enough times to where I feel comfortable going out there, it’s not an unknown surface to me. I heard it’s not in the best shape now, but we’ll see. I had an issue with it when I was there, and I’ve heard it hasn’t changed much. It’s dirt and they spray paint it green, it’s just not good grass.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/10/vikings-kai-forbath-prepared-to-kick-on-fedexfields-dirt-surface/

On Thursday, November 09, 2017 at 9:44 AM, vike daddy said:

The Vikings (6-2) will play Washington (4-4) for the seventh time in eight years. The only season the teams haven’t met this decade was in 2015.

Kyle Rudolph: “It seems like we play them every year. Coach Zim mentioned it earlier, we kind of treat it like a division game. We’re very familiar with one another.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/08/vikings-defensive-end-everson-griffen-misses-practice-with-foot-injury/

Holy crap I hadn't realized our teams played each other this often?! And as previously mentioned both head coaches come from the Lewis coaching tree, so yeah this is pretty close to a division game.

Archived