Will Special Teams play actually improve in 2022?

vike daddy

On 11/14/2022 at 10:35 PM, wcblack34 said:

Another Joseph missed PAT. Wright was fine. Couple of good coverage plays.  

This season, Joseph is the weak link of an otherwise fine, special teams unit.  I suspect the team will keep Joseph the remainder of the season, bar injury or complete meltdown...but they have to be thinking about replacing him. No?

16 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

This season, Joseph is the weak link of an otherwise fine, special teams unit.  I suspect the team will keep Joseph the remainder of the season, bar injury or complete meltdown...but they have to be thinking about replacing him. No?

I would think so.  I agree that they'll ride him out the rest of the year, but then it's open competition after that, especially because he's a FA after the season.  

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Boyd is going to be an interesting free agent. 

He’s probably not even a JAG at cornerback, but he’s been fantastic on special teams coverage units. What’s that worth?

Matthew Slater was getting ~$2.5m APY when he was considered the best coverage guy in the league. He's not that good, but I would guess somewhere around ~$5.5m/3 years would be a good deal. 

• Like 1