GB free agency 2022

squire12

3 hours ago, R T said:

I keep seeing all these people bring up Juju, is no one aware of big of a headcase and pain in the *** he has been to that locker room in Pittsburgh? He is an Antonio Brown level headcase.   

I don't understand this claim. He's active on social media and is involved with gaming, but I've seen nothing but good things from the Steelers re: JuJu. 

The only reason I'd be wary of the Packers making a play for him is they already have two slot WRs in Cobb and, presumably, Rodgers.

• Like 1

It's a shame we missed out on a Amari Cooper trade. He would've been a good replacement for Adams.

I suspect we will target MVS and then try to get Juju to pair him so that we have two guys with complimentary styles and have a good level of NFL experience for Rodgers to throw to rather than completely relying on drafted rookies.

Edited by Chili

Do packers need to stay under cap?  Or can they bump over it until some future deadline again?  Wondering if rasul etc can be completed immediately?  And that IF deals don’t happen it means they aren’t actually made?  Or if any deals have to wait for league to clear adams trade and raiders to pass his physical, so maybe one or more deals are done, but just waiting

1 hour ago, craig said:

Do packers need to stay under cap?  Or can they bump over it until some future deadline again?  Wondering if rasul etc can be completed immediately?  And that IF deals don’t happen it means they aren’t actually made?  Or if any deals have to wait for league to clear adams trade and raiders to pass his physical, so maybe one or more deals are done, but just waiting

Years have to stay cap compliant going forward until the offseason starts

• Like 1

Finally caught up with everything on the Adams trade. Damn. I had an inkling this might happen so I'm not too surprised. A little disappointed sure but something like this was bound to happen with either Rodgers or Adams. We all knew this coming into the offseason.

We're not going to successfully replace Adams immediately but we do have the ability to build a productive WR corp which will keep us competitive.

MVS as our deep threat paired with high volume short/medium yardage guy in JuJu complimented by a reliable TE such as Tonyan or Hooper. We will have Lazard and veteran Cobb in the room plus a new draft pick for us to develop. We also have the run game of Jones and Dillon to supplement our pass attack. I have confidence we will successfully rebuild our pass attack and remain highly productive with Rodgers slinging the ball.

The list of FA returners has whittled down drastically. McKenzie back with the Bills, Berrios back with the Jets, Jackeem Grant signs with the Browns, obviously McCloud with the 49ers.

Really it looks like the only noteworthy returner left is Byron Pringle. There are others but they all over 30.

I think we will find ourselves a cheap returner in the draft instead.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, Chili said:

It's a shame we missed out on a Amari Cooper trade. He would've been a good replacement for Adams.

I suspect we will target MVS and then try to get Juju to pair him so that we have two guys with complimentary styles and have a good level of NFL experience for Rodgers to throw to rather than completely relying on drafted rookies.

Cooper's cap hit this year is 20 million. That is an easy pass for me. 

Wish list:

Julio or Aj Green - big bodied vet savvy receiver who can share jokes with Arod + Julio played in the Shanny system
Hooper - no brainer good TE we wanted him before let's do this
JuJu or Landry - both good blockers and for the short stuff
MVS or Fuller or Cooks - stretch the field types, I think MVS has come on along and is an ascending player and would prefer him over the other two
Cole Beasely - Just for jokes, we wanted him before, another no-vaxer to keep Rodgers company

And the guys that have been cut:

Julio, Hooper, Landry and Cole - I like the look of that!!!

Edited by Brit Pack

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Wish list:

Julio or Aj Green - big bodied vet savvy receiver who can share jokes with Arod + Julio played in the Shanny system
Hooper - no brainer good TE we wanted him before let's do this
JuJu or Landry - both good blockers and for the short stuff
MVS or Fuller or Cooks - stretch the field types, I think MVS has come on along and is an ascending player and would prefer him over the other two
Cole Beasely - Just for jokes, we wanted him before, another no-vaxer to keep Rodgers company

And the guys that have been cut:

Julio, Hooper, Landry and Cole - I like the look of that!!!

Though I like the skill set, I think Landry's pretty much a slot WR (?) - which would give us three of them: Landry, Cobb and Amari. 

14 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Give me 1 year incentive laden deals for Odell and Julio

How will Odell hit his incentives when he's likely going to be out through December? He tore his ACL in February in the Super Bowl. 

Julio is washed up. 

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How will Odell hit his incentives when he's likely going to be out through December? He tore his ACL in February in the Super Bowl. 

Julio is washed up. 

Have to hunt aggressively for value in short term deals supplemented by long term outlook with draft picks. Thats what i would do if im Gutey. What a defining trade. He is going to reinvent the offense for us, hope he can come through

40 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Have to hunt aggressively for value in short term deals supplemented by long term outlook with draft picks. Thats what i would do if im Gutey. What a defining trade. He is going to reinvent the offense for us, hope he can come through

Gute has done pretty well overall considering the situations he's had to go through.  Thinking Gute has it under control but sure he's already probably thought what you're suggesting.  😄

• Like 1