GB free agency 2022

squire12

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wouldn’t fit in Green Bay.

JuJu is a protypical Packers WR in the Driver/Jones/Jennings/Adams mold that Rodgers thrived throwing the ball to. They are not all completely identical players but they all were good route runners with good short area quickness and agility as well as excellent hands.

All that stopped as soon Gute became GM and he started bringing in taller, faster WRs with poorer agility. MVS, EQ, Funchess etc.. He moved away from what what successful for us and resulted in a poorer WR group overall for Rodgers. I really wanted us to get back to that mold and JuJu would've been perfect.

Edited by Chili

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

JuJu is a protypical Packers WR in the Driver/Jones/Jennings/Adams mold that Rodgers thrived throwing the ball to. They are not all completely identical players but they all were good route runners with good short area quickness and agility as well as excellent hands.

All that stopped as soon Gute became GM and he started bringing in taller, faster WRs with poorer agility. MVS, EQ, Funchess etc.. He moved away from what what successful for us and resulted in a poorer WR group overall for Rodgers. I really wanted us to get back to that mold and JuJu would've been perfect.

I’m referring to his personality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Gutes is simply suppling the coach with system fits, if MM was still the coach you would see a different set of WR's brought in than the current group. His job is to supply round pegs for round holes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

OMG he dances. How awful!

1487081670-patrick.gif?resize=480:*

I guess you hate Jamaal Williams too.

Dude, I JUST went on a diatribe about the Packers not getting killer mentality players.

I’m not the person you need to be making fun of.

Doesn’t change the fact that the Packers wouldn’t break the bank for a personality that didn’t fit what they’re looking for.

The only reason we got Woodson was because we wanted him to play corner and that’s what he wanted.

Just now, R T said:

Gutes is simply suppling the coach with system fits, if MM was still the coach you would see a different set of WR's brought in than the current group. His job is to supply round pegs for round holes.  

That's true but wouldn't you try to pick players that fits with Rodgers skillset? He scrambles alot so he is going to need receivers who can quickly change direction on the fly.

That's why he thrived with Driver, Jennings, Jones, Cobb and Adams. Nelson was an outlier and yet Gute has been trying to find Nelson types which are few and far between.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

That's true but wouldn't you try to pick players that fits with Rodgers skillset? He scrambles alot so he is going to need receivers who can quickly change direction on the fly.

That's why he thrived with Driver, Jennings, Jones, Cobb and Adams. Nelson was an outlier and yet Gute has been trying to find Nelson types which are few and far between.

Rodgers is 38 years old. He’s not doing that much longer.