GB free agency 2022

squire12

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Oh they're definitely going WR RD1. Still figure they'll add DL depth as well but the Reed signing means they can wait it out a bit

Reading the early tea leafs (like an idiot) tells us EDGE and WR early? And/or OL.

Edited by Arthur Penske

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas and now Reed in the fold, I'm really just seeing WR and EDGE and the only positions we need to replace more than a minimal amount of snaps. 

Agree.  But I wouldn't count out another OL, even in the first two rounds.  As it stands today, our guards are Runyan and Newman.  Both could be upgraded with the right pick.

• Like 1

Love this, the draft is not deep on dline. Takes a lot of pressure off what was arguably our top need.

Now I just want 3 WRs, an edge, and a reserve olineman with starting potential and we'll have ourselves an Owl roster

Just now, vegas492 said:

Agree.  But I wouldn't count out another OL, even in the first two rounds.  As it stands today, our guards are Runyan and Newman.  Both could be upgraded with the right pick.

It's going to take one of the first four picks to bump out Newman. I don't think anyone bumps out Runyan, think he's for real.

Not impossible, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 4 picks is a OL. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas and now Reed in the fold, I'm really just seeing WR and EDGE and the only positions we need to replace more than a minimal amount of snaps. 

Who you got starting at RT in 2022?

Nijman?

Jenkins may not be ready until mid season

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Eh, not always a fan of the 1 year deals because if they hit they can be too expensive to retain.

I love 1 year deals because if they do well and get a big deal in the following free agency we might gain a good comp pick out of it.

Kansas signed him last year for $5 million guaranteed and up to $7 million in total. I suspect we may have offered something similar again this time round.

Edited by Chili