GB free agency 2022

squire12

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Losing Turner to Denver was not a good thing.

Yeah this one left a bitter taste in my mouth.  The report that he was cut after a failed physical and that it wasn't for the cap space.  The fact that there have been no immediate efforts to add some competition to the inexperienced projected starters.

That said, our coaching staffs have been downright magic when it comes to developing young olineman, to the point that I assume our floor for a 4th round pick is "perennial pro bowler." Whatever we've been doing when targeting young players, don't stop.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

WHy would the Jags trade Laviska Shenault on who still has 2 years on his rookie deal? Am I missing something there? Keep seeign him mentioned.

If they are truly interested in trading him, it probably is because he is a complete non-fit for the new coach and his offense. Belichick has been spending decades picking up players from teams after coaching and scheme changes no longer make some players fits with their teams.    

48 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

WHy would the Jags trade Laviska Shenault on who still has 2 years on his rookie deal? Am I missing something there? Keep seeign him mentioned.

I'm not sure they're actively trading him so much as listening to offers.  Right now, their WR room they have Marvin Jones ($8.7M cap hit), Christian Kirk ($18M/year), and Zay Jones ($8M/year) on the roster.  Odds are those 3 will get snaps.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

He's still cheap and young though.

Do you spend $72M on Christian Kirk or $24M on Zay Jones for them to sit on the bench?  With an $8M+ cap hit, do you want Marvin Jones on the bench?  One of them is likely getting moved, I'd bet on Marvin Jones.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are they going to run a lot of 4 WR sets?

I’m gonna be honest with you I don’t even remember who their new head coach is right now.

But somehow it got in the media that you need lots of receivers. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re thinking…

Wait, now I remember. It’s Doug Pedersen.

In 2018 the Eagles added Smith and Jefferey with Agholor drafted in the first two years prior.

Maybe Pedersen just really likes adding receivers. More than likely yeah they will move one, but… I’m just throwing ideas out there.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are they going to run a lot of 4 WR sets?

It was a different time and we ran our offense very differently but we did once roll 4 deep with Driver, Jennings, Jordy and Jones.  But I think it's more likely that Jacksonville moves on from one of them considering how weak their roster is overall though. If they can get a second back for Shenault I think they jump at it.

Just now, Sandy said:

It was a different time and we ran our offense very differently but we did once roll 4 deep with Driver, Jennings, Jordy and Jones.  But I think it's more likely that Jacksonville moves on from one of them considering how weak their roster is overall though. If they can get a second back for Shenault I think they jump at it.

I think there's little chance of them recouping the pick they invested.  I think a late Day 2, early Day 3 pick or some sort of conditional pick in 2023.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think there's little chance of them recouping the pick they invested.  I think a late Day 2, early Day 3 pick or some sort of conditional pick in 2023.

I agree that that's all I'd offer, but I don't know if I'd accept that if I'm Jacksonville. I'd say odds are they hang on to him