Anyone watch the combine?

cjfollett

7 hours ago, cjfollett said:

I forgot it was on. I saw some highlights for QB drills, but really wanted to see Kelley. The highlights passed him. 

Kelly was accurate and had the best deep ball of his group.  Only Howell ( of the top Qbs) was in his group.  I will say that Kurt Warner liked his throws.

• Like 1

I had it on but wasn’t glued to it.

Ridder outperformed expectations athletically. He might have done the most for his draft stock yesterday. Ran a 4.50 40 and had some nice throws as well.

Willis didn’t run the 40 but had some impressive throws. He’s got a hose but missed on at least one easy one due to poor accuracy.

I was not impressed with Howell’s throws at all. I really hope we don’t touch him, he’s a lesser version of Baker Mayfield IMO. 

• Like 2

From what I saw M.Willis had the wow throws. K.Pickett the best anticipation and placement.
I didn't watch S.Howell, but have read he had the best deep ball.
We know M.Willis is a helluva athlete, but D.RIdder and K.Pickett both showed some athleticism. 
EJ Perry, I believe, had the most surprising showing (beyond the top guys).

S.Moore and C.Watson sure helped themselves at WR, along with quite a few others.

Zion and Ingram at OG have sure looked good in drills.

The NFL is charging to unobstructed access, along with NFLN being more talk than coverage, and it being in prime time I refuse to watch anymore. 

Besides, pro day times are actually becoming more than reliable than the Combine. Look at the adjustment that happened to all the times and jumps. 

28 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

So about Jordan Davis 😳

@jebrickwhat are you thoughts on Davis, can he play on 3rd down? If so I think he’s a lock for top 12-15 pick now. 

With his athleticism, yes he can. He just needs more refinement. Think of how dominant he looks on tape then add his combine performance and you have an elite prospect.

• Like 1

Sam Williams: 6'4 265 4.46 & looked good in drills.

Christian Harris: 6' 226 4.42 & looked good in drills.

Jordan Davis: 6'6 341 4.78 & looked good in drills.

Channing Tindall: 6'1 232 4.42 & looked good in drills.

Troy Anderson: 6'3 241 4.41 & looked good in drills.

So many good players looked good athletically. This isn't even taking into account the offensive players and the DBs who test tomorrow.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

No, the OG from Oklahoma. Wasn’t his name Duke Johnson? 
edit: nah - Duke Robinson thanks @Blitzburgh

We have said many times that the rookie OL's were thrown to the wolves.  I was not a fan of the Green selection by passing on Quinn Meinerz in the third. However, I think we need to remember that Center is a tough position and despite how well Pouncey and Creed Humphrey did as rookies, there is nothing stopping Green from progressing. That said, I still take the BPA available even if it is a center or guard. I am not ready to call Green a bust yet. Especially since he was playing a new position as a rookie. I think Dotson, Green and Moore all grow.  The Steelers have some pieces to build on/around. They need to add to them.  OT, OG, or C. The versatility, talent, and depth can be there. More importantly, I think the Steelers need to better tailor their offensive attack to feature the run game led by Najee Harris. They also need to rediscover the intermediate passing game. Last year it seemed to be 3 yard pass or 40 yard pass.