2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

Sauce in the 1st, Mafe in the 2nd

I'm not good with LB postions in a 3-4, but I have to imagine it'd look something like this? :

DE Watts
NT Phillips
DE Tomlinson
OLB Hunter
ILB Kendricks
ILB Hick
OLB Z Smith
CB Gardner
S H Smith
S Bynum
CB Peterson

Rotating Wonnum and Mafe at OLB, and Wilikes and Lynch at DE, sliding Watts or Tomlinson to NT at times. 

CBs could still use some help and ILB depth isn't great, but that starting front 7 is competitive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No it shouldn’t. 

Unless you feel Hunter is still up to be traded he and Smith effectively serve as starting OLBs in 3-4 sets and DEs when we want to move to a 4-3 alignment and I cannot see them drafting another edge round 1 or 2 where we can find plug and play starters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, solidvikingfan said:

Unless you feel Hunter is still up to be traded he and Smith effectively serve as starting OLBs in 3-4 sets and DEs when we want to move to a 4-3 alignment and I cannot see them drafting another edge round 1 or 2 where we can find plug and play starters.

While Hunter and Smith are great, they aren’t the epitome of heath and durability. And we’ve witnessed first hand what it’s like to not have great depth. 

And that doesn’t also factor in how important pass rushers are. You can never have too many. Pass rusher should still be on the table in the 1st or 2nd round. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Your starting LBs: Za'Darius Smith, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Hicks, Danielle Hunter (unless they decide to put Hunter at DE)

The front 7 is beginning to take shape with the D-Line being Tomlinson, Phillips and Watts?

I’m guessing the down 3 will be Tomlinson, Phillips, and Lynch. Lynch was a natural 5-tech at Baylor. 

Also, all linebackers are from the 2015 draft class. 

• Like 2

It certainly should still be on the table, but I'd move it down the list, especially if they can get anything from Jones and Robinson in addition to Wonnum.  They will need additional depth, but I'm putting CB, as well as TE (since we know nothing about Irv at this point) even above it.