2022 Offseason Discussion

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Jarvis was competitive, but he’s not as good of a receiver as he thinks he is.

I will not tolerate Landry slander. 

Legitimately think Landry’s lack of athleticism and big play ability is what makes him rule so hard. He’s a grinder who is never the biggest, fastest, or even best catcher on the field. He’s all hustle and repetition. White slot receivers always get the scrappy label but Landry is the embodiment of that style of play. I loved him as a player because he was everything Josh Gordon wasn’t in an era of Cleveland sports where there wasn’t a legitimate dawg on the roster. Landry has the heart that fans always wish the players had. I’ll miss him.  

• Like 3

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

I’ll slander his ability, but not his competitiveness or toughness.

Legitimately think Landry’s lack of athleticism and big play ability is what makes him rule so hard. He’s a grinder who is never the biggest, fastest, or even best catcher on the field. He’s all hustle and repetition.

I mean, yes.  But also, I want a good receiver, not the basis of a feel good movie of the week.

White slot receivers always get the scrappy label but Landry is the embodiment of that style of play. I loved him as a player because he was everything Josh Gordon wasn’t in an era of Cleveland sports where there wasn’t a legitimate dawg on the roster. Landry has the heart that fans always wish the players had. I’ll miss him.  

I’ll miss his heart, but hopefully we find some other guys who can be workers too.

I appreciate what he brought and it was sorely needed at the time, but I think the writing was on the wall a while ago with his absurd salary.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll be surprised if we bring in another relatively high dollar receiver.

I’d expect MAYBE a value signing, but very likely just a day 2 pick added to what we already have.

I disagree because we are probably losing Clowney.

Which means at best the team went laterally in free agency. You fixed one hole but opened another.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I disagree because we are probably losing Clowney.

Which means at best the team went laterally in free agency. You fixed one hole but opened another.

I would expect another DE in FA if not Clowney.  Rumblings on Von perhaps?

At some point you have to balance team friendly draft pick contracts with vets/FA.

Spending 50+ million per year on WR’s and TE’s when you’re a run first team makes no sense imo.

@LETSGOBROWNIES I get the “what have you done for me lately” school of thought on his contract and salary.

Nobody is saying he shouldn’t have been cut. But I’d think you’d be a little less blasé about the releasing of one of the figureheads of the playoff win and the general turnaround in attitude and expectation that’s come with Browns football in his tenure here. 

@LETSGOBROWNIES I get the “what have you done for me lately” school of thought on his contract and salary.

Nobody is saying he shouldn’t have been cut. But I’d think you’d be a little less blasé about the releasing of one of the figureheads of the playoff win and the general turnaround in attitude and expectation that’s come with Browns football in his tenure here. 

Well I don’t credit him with much of it tbh.  

For all the talk of leadership he couldn’t keep his best friend in check.  He too had issues with targets when OBJ was here as neither seemed to get enough targets to be happy.

Jarvis was an asset in 2018, without question.  2019-2021?  Eh. For all the talk of culture change, we failed to live up to expectations 2/3 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Legitimately think Landry’s lack of athleticism and big play ability is what makes him rule so hard. He’s a grinder who is never the biggest, fastest, or even best catcher on the field. He’s all hustle and repetition. White slot receivers always get the scrappy label but Landry is the embodiment of that style of play. I loved him as a player because he was everything Josh Gordon wasn’t in an era of Cleveland sports where there wasn’t a legitimate dawg on the roster. Landry has the heart that fans always wish the players had. I’ll miss him.  

Your the man REGINALDM9 Good Morning GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We are not getting Von. There’s nobody else worth it.

Von, ZaDarius, someone.  I’m guessing a DT too.  If we’re planning on drafting a DE R1, we don’t need a star, just a nice piece/DPR.

Hard to say we’re not getting someone until it doesn’t happen.  Hell Clowney may come back.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we don’t get another WR in free agency, there’s no way to say we improved the team overall in free agency.

If we get other good players we can.

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want him or Robinson.

Then draft heavy defensive line.

Maybe DE, I kinda hope we bring in a better guy in FA than Malik Jackson on a one year deal, next year has some DUDES at DT for sure

Edited by MSURacerDT55

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want him or Robinson.

Then draft heavy defensive line.

See I’m the total opposite 

I’d rather draft a receiver so they grow in the system without having any outside expectations. This receiver class is stupid deep. 

Spend money on the Dline so we can get some guys that can contribute day 1. Draft at both positions but I think you can more bang for your buck signing lineman this year.