2022 Offseason Discussion

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm surprised Clowney isnt signed after a strong year. 

Either his market is weak or his expectations are way too high. Or perhaps some of both. I hope we get him back.

Just purely a gut feeling: He signs a 3 year deal with Carolina to get paid.

We sign Will Fuller and draft d-line heavy.

I'm surprised Clowney isnt signed after a strong year. 

Either his market is weak or his expectations are way too high. Or perhaps some of both. I hope we get him back.

I’m not surprised at all. He always does this. The browns probably told him what the deal is and if he can get a bigger one go get one. 

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just purely a gut feeling: He signs a 3 year deal with Carolina to get paid.

We sign Will Fuller and draft d-line heavy.

You have a of guy feelings. If he does sign  a big deal we should get a comp pick? 

I could handle losing clowney if we get fuller. I'm all out on jarvis.

• Like 1

You have a of guy feelings. If he does sign  a big deal we should get a comp pick? 

I could handle losing clowney if we get fuller. I'm all out on jarvis.

I think ultimately, Clowney will cost more than what we want to pay him.

Fuller at worst will be 7-8 mil. I expect less than that, but I’m on the side of caution.

That would put us at 15 mil in cap space. I imagine we reach a resolution of paying Baker half of what he’s owed and team trades for him to pick up the other half. So we’d be sitting at 25 mil.

Hoopers 9 mil in June let’s us pay our rookies.

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He would havo agree to that, which he might not want to

I believe he would in order to do what's best for everyone. Despite folks wanting to spin it, Baker has always been reasonable. Even when he's put his foot in his mouth he's been coming from a place of reason. Also, most importantly, Bake gets paid the same amount (fully guaranteed) either way. The only caveat would be him signing off on the location. I think he'd be happy most places the Browns send him, though, especially with the risk that he could be paid to be at home on game day. He's a gamer and wants a chance to play, especially in a contract year.

16 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I believe he would in order to do what's best for everyone. Despite folks wanting to spin it, Baker has always been reasonable. Even when he's put his foot in his mouth he's been coming from a place of reason. Also, most importantly, Bake gets paid the same amount (fully guaranteed) either way. The only caveat would be him signing off on the location. I think he'd be happy most places the Browns send him, though, especially with the risk that he could be paid to be at home on game day. He's a gamer and wants a chance to play, especially in a contract year.

Exactly

He’d still get his money in my scenario posted. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

You’re preaching to the choir there. I’m not a Fuller guy personally.

I want one of fuller or  Clowney for the purposes of team building, that way we are not under too much pressure at 44.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Relevant

That's all fine and good but this is the last year where we aren't going to be in cap hell so it makes no sense to extend anything beyond this year.

I know y'all don't think the cap isn't real but it's real enough that you can't just ignore it. I don't think we sign anyone beyond a 1 year deal this year (unless they are really cheap) and we aren't pushing Baker's money into the future.