Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Football Team announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Washington Commanders claimed the following player off waivers from Denver:

• T Drew Himmelman

The Washington Commanders released the following player:

• G Zack Bailey

Yhis guy is 6'10" and 315 lbs. dayam !

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

But can he move?

Never heard of this guy. Maybe I will check him out later. But some quick thoughts 6"10" hmmm First thought that comes mine is leverage.  I suspect he could have some leverage issue in bull rushes, speed off the edge and what about running plays. Low man wins remember. Anyways lets see what he brings to the table you never know. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4209 said:

Never heard of this guy. Maybe I will check him out later. But some quick thoughts 6"10" hmmm First thought that comes mine is leverage.  I suspect he could have some leverage issue in bull rushes, speed off the edge and what about running plays. Low man wins remember. Anyways lets see what he brings to the table you never know. 

Agree. I hope we unearthed something special here, but I’ve never really understood the excitement about guys being very tall. At most positions, honestly, there’s such as thing as “too tall” for my tastes. 

OT might be one of the few positions where you could legitimately be about that tall and still be effective. We’ve had a few guys checking in at 6’8 or even 6’9 that proved to be effective OTs, I would imagine that at that position, the long arms can cancel out the lack of leverage against smaller players. 

But there hasn’t been a single 6’10 player in the NFL in the last 50ish years, and even prior to that there were only 2: TE Morris Stroud, a starter for a couple seasons during the late years of the Stram/Dawson Chiefs, and DT Richard Sligh, who played 8 games for the 1969 Raiders. That’s not a coincidence. Eventually, you’re just too tall and pretty much anyone can get underneath you and push you around. 

• Like 1

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

Interesting, didn't I post that he was an Eagles from his wiki page like a week ago.

But nobody knew anything? So we figured it was a clerical error?

Very likely it was someone messing around. 

On 5/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Did the Eagles sign Bradbury?

I can't find it anywhere. But his wiki page says...

James Bradberry IV (born August 4, 1993) is an American football cornerback who plays for the Philadelphia eagles He played college football at Samford, and was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bradberry

so when was he signed by the Eagles?

Yes, here it is.

I posted this Monday.

His wiki page had him listed as an Eagle, but there were no reports from "anybody" that he has signed with "anyone".

I just find that very odd.