What's your Rodgers Preference?

AlexGreen#20

Traded or Resigned  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Traded or Resigned

• Trade the Man
    • Sign Him to a 2 Year Extension

🅿️at McAfee@PatMcAfeeShow

BREAKING: According to my sources.. @AaronRodgers12 will officially be returning to the Green Bay Packers.

There is no deal in place currently but there is said to be a Cap Friendly deal on the way.

11 hours ago, Sandy said:

I'll just say, if he is traded...careful what you wish for. There has never been a trade in the modern NFL (read: the last 20 years) that worked out well for the team that gave up a star player in return for multiple FRPs. We could be in for a long, dark stretch of mediocrity.

It's irrelevant now, but there have been five instances of this happening in the past 20 years:

Jamal Adams. The Jets used those picks to draft OG Alijah Vera-Tucket and TBD. They're also the Jets. 

Jay Cutler. Denver drafted Robert Ayers and Demaryius Thomas with the first round picks and Seth Olsen and Richard Quinn. They had a .500 season and a 4-12 season under McDaniels (before he got fired due to the Broncos videogate) and proceeded to win their division for five straight seasons and make two Super Bowl appearances, winning one.

Khalil Mack. The Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette with the FRPs and also Bryan Edwards. They have stumbled along since...but also had been nothing but mediocre before that.

Laremy Tunsil. The Dolphins drafted Noah Igbinoghene and Jaylen Waddle with the FRPs and Jevon Holland and Brycen Hopkins with the additional picks. They also picked up an additional 2023 first round pick after flipping their Houston acquired 2021 first round pick to SF and then to Philly. They had two seasons over .500 since the trade but have failed to make the playoffs. And then Flores got fired because they're the Dolphins.

Jalen Ramsey. The Jaguars drafted K'Lavon Chaisson with the first round picks Travis Etienne, and Jordan Smith. They proceeded to tank for Trever and then fired Urban "The Grinder" Meyer after less than one season.

The Dolphins and Broncos picked up the most in terms of impact players.

I think the true moral of the story is that bad/mediocre teams are extremely likely to squander those draft picks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:
38 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Didn't he answer a tweet last week to Pat McAfee saying the reports he wants 50m a year false?

He's never lied before

Exactly. They just dont ask the correct followup questions

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

**** AARON RODGERS! 

I believe you are directing your ire at the wrong person.  If you are upset with this deal you should be teed off at Murphy, Gute and MFL, not Rodgers.

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

I believe you are directing your ire at the wrong person.  If you are upset with this deal you should be teed off at Murphy, Gute and MFL, not Rodgers.

The guy who said it wasn't about the money? Also, I got them in a previous post. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The guy who said it wasn't about the money? Also, I got them in a previous post. 

Who in their right mind is gonna turn down that $$?  I don't blame AR a bit.  If there is any angst it should be directed at Packers' management.

27 minutes ago, Striker said:

It's irrelevant now, but there have been five instances of this happening in the past 20 years:

Jamal Adams. The Jets used those picks to draft OG Alijah Vera-Tucket and TBD. They're also the Jets. 

Jay Cutler. Denver drafted Robert Ayers and Demaryius Thomas with the first round picks and Seth Olsen and Richard Quinn. They had a .500 season and a 4-12 season under McDaniels (before he got fired due to the Broncos videogate) and proceeded to win their division for five straight seasons and make two Super Bowl appearances, winning one.

Khalil Mack. The Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs and Damon Arnette with the FRPs and also Bryan Edwards. They have stumbled along since...but also had been nothing but mediocre before that.

Laremy Tunsil. The Dolphins drafted Noah Igbinoghene and Jaylen Waddle with the FRPs and Jevon Holland and Brycen Hopkins with the additional picks. They also picked up an additional 2023 first round pick after flipping their Houston acquired 2021 first round pick to SF and then to Philly. They had two seasons over .500 since the trade but have failed to make the playoffs. And then Flores got fired because they're the Dolphins.

Jalen Ramsey. The Jaguars drafted K'Lavon Chaisson with the first round picks Travis Etienne, and Jordan Smith. They proceeded to tank for Trever and then fired Urban "The Grinder" Meyer after less than one season.

The Dolphins and Broncos picked up the most in terms of impact players.

I think the true moral of the story is that bad/mediocre teams are extremely likely to squander those draft picks.

Close - Broncos did not use one of those picks on Thomas, that was one of their own. They used it to trade up for...(checks notes)...Alphonso Smith. They didn't actually do well until they added a HOF QB. 

I think it's less of an indication of bad teams making bad moves. I think it's more of proof that draft picks can fail at a pretty high rate. There is far from a guarantee that any return made in draft picks ends up worth it. 

Luckily it's moot now. Too bad because I really enjoyed these debates.

36 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Who in their right mind is gonna turn down that $$?  I don't blame AR a bit.  If there is any angst it should be directed at Packers' management.

The guy who said he doesn't want 50 million per seems like maybe the guy that should turn it down. 

Or maybe he's just a liar.