What's your Rodgers Preference?

AlexGreen#20

Traded or Resigned  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Traded or Resigned

• Trade the Man
    • Sign Him to a 2 Year Extension

It's too much cash.  Those cap hits are prohibitive.  Taking on 2yrs of huge cap hits after he's already gone.  Can't just go all in without any concern for the future.  He had his chance last year and didn't get it done.  Don't think going down that road again will get different results.  If he's willing to work with the Pack take a little less to win a ring I'm on board.  The scenario Anonymous painted where the Packers just cave and give him everything he wants yah that's a non starter for me. 

Edited by Scoremore

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kind of agree. Holy balls. I thought this was 50/50.

22 v 2 is nuts. 

Hope it's like this in the board room tomorrow when they tag Adams and start making moves to move forward without him. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Sign him and go Aaaaaaalllllllll in for real this time.

Law of averages and hes due for another title

Law of averages that has the longest span between super bowl appearances for a QB at like 8 years and Rodgers is going on 12 years.

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Serious question.

But how?

Have a group meeting and say, "OK, we're super serious this time!"?

In order to sign Rodgers in this scenario we'll have to extend everyone we can and still cut players and let all our FAs walk just to get under the cap to sign DA which I'll assume is a must to be going aaaaallll in. After that what else can you do? You can't trade picks for veterans because you can't afford them. You can't sign any free agents of note because you can't afford them. I guess you could trade some of next years picks to move up and "finally get him some weapons" in the draft but do you think a couple of rookie WRs is what's gonna put us over the top? It's just not possible to go any more "aaaaalll in" if we resign AR12 and DA.

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Serious question.

But how?

Have a group meeting and say, "OK, we're super serious this time!"?

In order to sign Rodgers in this scenario we'll have to extend everyone we can and still cut players and let all our FAs walk just to get under the cap to sign DA which I'll assume is a must to be going aaaaallll in. After that what else can you do? You can't trade picks for veterans because you can't afford them. You can't sign any free agents of note because you can't afford them. I guess you could trade some of next years picks to move up and "finally get him some weapons" in the draft but do you think a couple of rookie WRs is what's gonna put us over the top? It's just not possible to go any more "aaaaalll in" if we resign AR12 and DA.

Some chance is better than no chance and a vague thought of the future

29 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

This is such a stupid thing, that anyone thinks they weren't all in last season. Let me guess, they needed to trade all their future draft picks to really be Aaaaallll In.