Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

I don't think Wilson is a "savior" but he's on the level of Matthew Stafford as far as an acquisition.

I don't think Denver has nearly the roster or stud defenders that LAR did/do, and they certainly don't have the coaching staff, but I think it's a good move for Denver to make at this stage.  They have a good, possibly great roster which is held back by their QB situation.

Having Wilson for the next 2-3 years allows them to evaluate that and possibly contend for super bowls.

Worst case scenario for them is they sign Wilson to a mega extension this/next year and then he gets hurt and never returns to form.  He may be more dependent on mobility than a player like Rodgers. 

But barring that, they have simply moved some chips in while they have a young defense and young skill players and a good overall roster.  It's the right time to make a move for a QB when your other moves have fallen flat (lock, bridgewater)

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m really not, but good try. He deserves a lot of the blame for the past two playoff losses. 

I’m just not gonna be all pissy about his tweets , or what he said on Mcafee and act like an obsessed pre-teen. 

But youll get pissy defending him against said other pissy people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But youll get pissy defending him against said other pissy people.

Just make sure you  turn your notifications on when he tweets so you can post right away about it!

F*** it, let’s just make a new thread every time he tweets so you guys can talk about how much you don’t like the guy! 

Seattle are probably the worst team in the league, bar the Patriots, to have loads of high draft picks. They'll just trade them all for 4th rounders and following year 1st rounders, which then the following year they'll trade away for a bunch of 4th rounders and so on and so on...

Anyway, I'm just glad, Seattle could of been us!! Got rid of elite QB, have no elite WR (apparently Lockett is on the block) and instead have Noah Fant et al and a bunch of picks. I know if was a Broncos fan, I'm going to sleep a happy man tonight. 

The NFC is devoid of any real QB talent:
Dak
Kyler
Stafford 
Cousins

Future good QB's are:
Fields
Lance 
Hurts 

Draft some weapons, keep the gang together as much as possible and we should be strong contenders to at least appear in the Super Bowl

I'm also really, really, really, suprised that the Seahawks traded Wilson. He must of really fallen out hard with the staff and management there. They had the 6th highest cap space (not sure how the Wilson trade affects that) of all teams and they were the team with the highest cap space which had a vetran QB, the rest of the teams above them in availabe cap space all had rookie QBs. So if they spent like crazy they could of made a real strong push with Wilson. It will be interesting to see who is their starting QB Week 1, I could imagine them taking Willis at #9 and build their team around him.

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Seattle are probably the worst team in the league, bar the Patriots, to have loads of high draft picks. They'll just trade them all for 4th rounders and following year 1st rounders, which then the following year they'll trade away for a bunch of 4th rounders and so on and so on...

Anyway, I'm just glad, Seattle could of been us!! Got rid of elite QB, have no elite WR (apparently Lockett is on the block) and instead have Noah Fant et al and a bunch of picks. I know if was a Broncos fan, I'm going to sleep a happy man tonight. 

Dak
Kyler
Stafford 
Cousins

Future good QB's are:
Fields
Lance 
Hurts 

Draft some weapons, keep the gang together as much as possible and we should be strong contenders to at least appear in the Super Bowl

One big difference is they got rid of a 33 year old elite QB vs. a 38 year old one. 

Plus, it's one thing to load up when you show at least some ability to use your early round picks. It's another when you do whatever Seattle has been doing for Carroll/Schneider's tenure post-Super Bowl. 

...also, they still have Carroll, who may be very near the "used to have it, now he doesn't" stage of his NFL coaching career.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Dak
Kyler
Stafford 
Cousins

Future good QB's are:
Fields
Lance 
Hurts 

I'm not going to be surprised when Philly grabs a QB with one of their 1st round picks this year. Also, Fields and Lance have shown no more ability to be a 'future good QB' than Jordan Love. 

You are correct in that the AFC does have an awful lot of good QB's by comparison. 

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Because I want a football forum talk about football and not complain about every little thing an athlete does? 

Right! We’re both the same here!

Nah, you are just complaining about random people on the internet.  It's OK though, if it helps you feel better.