Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Metcalf has averaged 119 passing attempts since the Seahawks took him.  Patrick has averaged 82 the last season.  If you don't understand why Metcalf's bulk numbers are better, I can't help you.

It is absolutely wild that you're arguing that Patrick is better than Metcalf

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

DK Metcalf had one monster year and two good years, but nothing great.  He's got a career catch rate of 60.3%.  For comparison, his catch rate would rank 161st among all RB/WR/TE.  That's not good.  His career yards per target is 8.9, which would be T-28th.  He's a high-end #2 WR.  Tim Patrick has similar effiency only he's not force fed throws like Metcalf.  Lockett is better then Sutton.  If I were to rank the WRs, I'd rank them: Lockett, Sutton, Metcalf, Patrick, Jeudy, and then whoever WR3 is.

lol so DK's overrated because he has a 60.3% career catch rate, but you rank a guy in Sutton ahead of him who has a career catch rate of 56.1%?

I'm willing to give the Denver WRs the benefit of the doubt that they are probably better than their production due to QB, but we are in another dimension pretending any Denver WR is better than Seattle's 1+2.

If we are going to make that leap, let's just throw Corey Davis in as a top 10 WR because man it's tough producing with Zack Wilson.

Denver's weapons are average at best until they prove otherwise. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Russell Wilson seems overrated in this thread. I don't get the outrage of the compensation.

2x FRP

2x SRP

2x NFL caliber players

for a guy whose passer rating has declined every year the last 3 years and is a weirdo?

I don't see an issue here

And one of those second rounders is pick 40, practically a late first. This thread is one of the biggest dumpster fires I've ever seen on this site. Seattle absolutely fleeced Denver and it will cost Elway his job. Hilarious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

And one of those second rounders is pick 40, practically a late first. This thread is one of the biggest dumpster fires I've ever seen on this site. Seattle absolutely fleeced Denver and it will cost Elway his job. Hilarious.

Elway doesn't have one so it won't cost him anything 

Paton on the other hand, if we aren't good it will cost him his job

seattle hasn't fleeced anybody until we see how these picks play out 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Entirely possible that I'm just THAT low on Russ. I think you may be underestimating how much his declining mobility is hampering his game. 

I didn't think Burrow or Stafford would get much push back. 

Lamar and Kyler are admittedly right there with him but I'd personally give them the edge due to their elite mobility. Wouldn't argue with anyone who would take Russ over them, however. 

Burrow and Stafford are literally only on that list because of their team success in this year's playoffs. It's just recency bias. 

Kyler is actually garbage when it matters and Lamar hasn't come close to replicating 2019.

I do agree that Russ' game has slown down since his mobility has drastically declined, but I would still take him a heartbeat over those guys.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

It is absolutely wild that you're arguing that Patrick is better than Metcalf

Sure but it is also wild to not believe that both Metcalf and Lockett are greatly better with Russell Wilson than without him.  Lockett has made his career because of Russell Wilson.

Lockett signed a 4 year $69 million dollar deal last year, no way he gets that money unless Seattle thinks that Russell Wilson loves the dude and this will make him happy, also no way he has the career he has had without Russell Wilson extending plays with his legs and making big throws downfield to him.  

Look at David Moore in Seattle with Russell Wilson and without.  Look at how good Doug Baldwin was with Wilson, Jermaine Kearse, Paul Richardson, Luke Willson etc.  Not great receivers on paper at all but Wilson made the dudes productive and they were an effective offense.  Will be very interesting how good DK is next year without a great QB.  

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

lol so DK's overrated because he has a 60.3% career catch rate, but you rank a guy in Sutton ahead of him who has a career catch rate of 56.1%?

I'm willing to give the Denver WRs the benefit of the doubt that they are probably better than their production due to QB, but we are in another dimension pretending any Denver WR is better than Seattle's 1+2.

If we are going to make that leap, let's just throw Corey Davis in as a top 10 WR because man it's tough producing with Zack Wilson.

Denver's weapons are average at best until they prove otherwise. 

Difference is Corey Davis has sucked his whole career. Sutton was good until Lock 

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

Difference is Corey Davis has sucked his whole career. Sutton was good until Lock 

Fair enough.

Elijah Moore then.

The point remains that we can project all we want, but until someone actually produces in the NFL,... "you are what your record is".

I will say - It's very possible this list looks different next year. But until it does, it seems like a losing argument. 

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Fair enough.

Elijah Moore then.

The point remains that we can project all we want, but until someone actually produces in the NFL,... "you are what your record is".

I will say - It's very possible this list looks different next year. But until it does, it seems like a losing argument. 

Bottom line is saying that our skill players are all below average was a stupid statement that he made and extremely ignorant. 

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

He's not saying that Patrick is better but you're acting like Denver's players don't have any business as starters in the league and if you think that you're insane. 

I never said that either. I said they're roughly the 15-20th best group of skill players.

They clearly belong in the league. But Wilson is not Mahomes. And coming into 2021, most people agreed that the Seahawks had a top 5 WR duo. It's fair to question how Wilson will do with a worse set of WRs