Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

At least one of these rumored trades actually went through and shook up the league. The AFC West is gonna be a battle until the end between every team, but I still see the Chiefs coming out on top. As for the Seahawks, they will likely be tanking this next season, but at least they will get a very high draft pick for rebuilding (they also got a pretty solid return for the trade, which will help a lot with the rebuild). This really helps teams like the Bills in the AFC because the winner of the AFC West will probably have a relatively low record because of all the tough divisional games that can go either way. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I honestly believe Jamal Adams is what destroyed the Seahawks and made Russell Wilson want out of Seattle. 

I think that trade is what did it for Russ, yes. I don't believe he wanted out because of Jamal Adams specifically.

16 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Because before the trade to Denver? He realized with Jamal Adams massive $72 million contract (making him the highest paid Safety in NFL history) along with having awful draft capital?

Russell Wilson knew he had a 0% chance to win.

A box Safety destroyed their entire Franchise. 

Yep, pretty much. That trade single-handedly sent them into rebuilding mode and cost them Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner. And yet somehow PCJS both get to keep their jobs over it. Kind of amazing.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think that trade is what did it for Russ, yes. I don't believe he wanted out because of Jamal Adams specifically.

Yep, pretty much. That trade single-handedly sent them into rebuilding mode and cost them Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner. And yet somehow PCJS both get to keep their jobs over it. Kind of amazing.

The Seahawks went 9 years straight with a winning record and won 10 playoff games in that time.

A 7-10 season gets you fired after that?

Just now, SkippyX said:

The Seahawks went 9 years straight with a winning record and won 10 playoff games in that time.

A 7-10 season gets you fired after that?

Russell Wilson was the only thing keeping them competitive. That roster has been consistently dissolving and disintegrating since about 2017, and it just now this year finally caught up with them because Wilson didn't have his usual tremendous year.

I am not saying fire them because of the 7-10 season. I am saying fire them because of how poorly they've managed the roster throughout Russell Wilson's tenure - from the Jimmy Graham trade to the Jamal Adams trade to the absolutely abysmal drafting over the past 5 or so years. There's more than enough evidence there to support them being fired.

39 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Russell Wilson was the only thing keeping them competitive. That roster has been consistently dissolving and disintegrating since about 2017, and it just now this year finally caught up with them because Wilson didn't have his usual tremendous year.

I am not saying fire them because of the 7-10 season. I am saying fire them because of how poorly they've managed the roster throughout Russell Wilson's tenure - from the Jimmy Graham trade to the Jamal Adams trade to the absolutely abysmal drafting over the past 5 or so years. There's more than enough evidence there to support them being fired.

Replace them with who? Josh McCown and Jack Easterby?

Rams coach #23?

Edited by SkippyX

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Replace them with who? Josh McCown and Jack Easterby?

Rams coach #23?

So you're assuming that there's a lack of people who can do their jobs, which I don't think is the case but I could see the argument for it.

In that case, I guess you're stuck with drafting project players and wasting 1st rounders in perpetuity or until Pete Carroll decides to retire. If Schneider hadn't hit the absolutely HIGHEST lottery in 2011-2013 with his drafts he would've been gone long ago because Seattle's roster has been so devoid of talent for years now sans those guys in those 3 drafts it's been so sad.

And the studs they have drafted (Frank Clark, Jarran Reed) they've traded away.

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Sapp acts like thats some scary offense or something.... most of those receivers has battled injuries. And only reciever  with a 1000 yard seasons was Sutton 2 years ago. Seems like a bunch of midpack untapped potential WRs if you ask me.

But they have Russell Wilson throwing them the ball now.  That can make a big difference.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I know Denvers roster is more appealing to a QB than PHI/WAS but I wonder how much Rodgers praise of Hackett influenced Russell's decision to waive it for the Broncos.

FNXCzllXoAkdwMN?format=jpg&name=small

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Burrow and Stafford are literally only on that list because of their team success in this year's playoffs. It's just recency bias. 

Kyler is actually garbage when it matters and Lamar hasn't come close to replicating 2019.

I do agree that Russ' game has slown down since his mobility has drastically declined, but I would still take him a heartbeat over those guys.

Again, I wouldn't argue Kyler/Lamar. You can plead recency bias all you want, but Stafford has been a really good QB on terrible teams in the past and coincidentally leads his team to a SB win the first year he's out of that environment. Burrow is a 2nd year #1 overall pick who overcame a torn ACL to lead a massive underdog to the SB and looked exceptional doing it. 

Burrow isn't even close for me. Stafford is close but I'll confidently take him. 

Either way, splitting hairs at this point. It's not a terrible haul for a guy who, to your point, is probably a top 7 QB at best right now. 

17 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yeah but last year they threw away 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams. 

• And so far my Jets have drafted a beast Franchise Cornerstone LG in All-Rookie Alijah Vera-Tucker with one of their 1st round (2021) picks. 

• And now in 2022 we have their 10th overall pick of the 1st round. 

Seattle didn't come out on top (as so many are claiming)

They only gained 1 extra 1st round pick because fans are already forgetting how Seattle completely pissed away two 1st round picks to my Jets (just last year).

And now they've completely lost a future HOF QB @ only 33 years old in Russell Wilson.

Jets fans really need to find a new hobby outside of dumping on the Seahawks every chance they get just because we did y'all the favor of taking Jamal Adams lol. So much chest thumping for a team stuck in the basement of the league. 

It's going to be hilarious when Seattle finds their franchise QB and is back in playoff contention before the Jets. 

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I would agree in a vacuum - but if you're blowing it all up like SEA is, the higher round pick has more future value and waiting 2 more years isn't as much of a problem if you're a true rebuilder.   Getting 2nd round picks now and next year isn't likely helping as much long-term because you're using up those cheap years when the team is likely not even close to contention.  For teams that want to return to contention in the next couple of years....I see your view.   But for a team starting from scratch, realistically you're 3 years away at best, with 2 lean years.   In that scenario, the 3rd year 1st is more valuable IMO.

You're assuming Pete Carroll -- one of the oldest coaches in the league -- is looking at this as a full rebuild. They're either after Watson or very confident in one of these draft eligible QBs running the Waldron offense. In that scenario, CWood isn't wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

You're assuming Pete Carroll -- one of the oldest coaches in the league -- is looking at this as a full rebuild. They're either after Watson or very confident in one of these draft eligible QBs running the Waldron offense. In that scenario, CWood isn't wrong. 

Fair, but if they released Wagner, and have Lockett on the trade block, seems far more likely the FO is looking at this in the former rather than the latter category, no?