Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

57 minutes ago, viking said:

Just read my post please 😆 twice you've ignored it. I'm not going on with this as you either can't read or are ignorant.

It's not just  Rookie vs Wilson.

Wilson's play has been declining over the last few years ang going to a worse supporting cast.

The Broncos will win more games next year with Wilson than last year but please lets not pretend that the Broncos are now Superbowl contenders. They're likely in the same position as the Seahawks over the last  few years.

They traded for Wilson not Rodgers and the 2022 Broncos are nowhere near the 2021 Rams.

Broncos would see similar success developing a rookie QB on a rookie deal and stacking the rest of the roster - if you don't believe me have a look at the teams in the Superbowl not named Brady over the last 5/10 years.

Who do you think they're spending their 1st round pick on? The Broncos traded away those picks because they believe (and they are correct) they already have the pieces in place surrounding Wilson to be a contender. Without Wilson, they're spending one of those 1st round picks on a QB, OR, they're going to spend a boat load of money to land someone like Jimmy G in free agency.

Also, what is with this "worse supporting cast" argument? I simply do not understand it. Tyler Lockett + DK Metcalf is better than Jeudy + Sutton + Hamler + Patrick? Chris Carson (who is always injured) is better than Javante Williams + Melvin Gordon (assuming he's still there)? That's simply not true at all.

A developing rookie playing on this team would be comparable to Drew Lock and the QB's they've been rolling out, and those QB's have netted them 4-6 wins over the past 3 seasons. You cannot realistically tell me Russell Wilson doesn't, by himself, double that win output.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

This thread is still going on ? 

Kind of old news...we had Carson Wentz get traded yesterday 

You really want ppl to post 40+ pages on Carson Wentz and have to moderate THAT mess?

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who do you think they're spending their 1st round pick on? The Broncos traded away those picks because they believe (and they are correct) they already have the pieces in place surrounding Wilson to be a contender. Without Wilson, they're spending one of those 1st round picks on a QB, OR, they're going to spend a boat load of money to land someone like Jimmy G in free agency.

Also, what is with this "worse supporting cast" argument? I simply do not understand it. Tyler Lockett + DK Metcalf is better than Jeudy + Sutton + Hamler + Patrick? Chris Carson (who is always injured) is better than Javante Williams + Melvin Gordon (assuming he's still there)? That's simply not true at all.

A developing rookie playing on this team would be comparable to Drew Lock and the QB's they've been rolling out, and those QB's have netted them 4-6 wins over the past 3 seasons. You cannot realistically tell me Russell Wilson doesn't, by himself, double that win output.

DK and locket are better than every reciever on the Broncos easily.

Earlier in the thread I said I think the Broncos will go 10-7 and fight for a playoff spot.

The Broncos are better right now but I disagree with the Broncos on the status of the rest of the roster. I don't think the Broncos have the pieces in place to make a run - this is why I'm not as high on the trade as others.

Edited by viking

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

One key difference though - for SEA to truly win, they have to hit on the picks (or use the extra $ to find other value to accelerate the rebuild).

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. This is what it hinges on. Trades like these can’t really be taken at face value and really be anywhere close to reaching a decision on who wins. Wilson could blow his knee out in his first practice and Seattle could draft a HOF’er with one of the picks. Who knows. 

Just now, viking said:

Earlier in the thread I said I think the Brocos will go 10-7 and fight for a playoff spot.

The Broncos are better right now but I disagree with the Broncos on the status of the rest of the roster. I don't think the Broncos have the pieces in place to make a run - this is why I'm not as high on the trade as others.

Meh, Sutton is criminally underrated and DK is criminally overrated. Every time DK is matched up with a good corner he gets locked up and pouts like a child. 

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. This is what it hinges on. Trades like these can’t really be taken at face value and really be anywhere close to reaching a decision on who wins. Wilson could blow his knee out in his first practice and Seattle could draft a HOF’er with one of the picks. Who knows. 

Yeah, but that latter scenario is pure hindsight.    Especially with the QB class, it's not like DEN is passing up on 2-3 guys that ppl are really high on.   There MIGHT be one.  That is a huge factor into this calculus.

The "he might get hurt" argument is rightfully ridiculed because it's completely unpredictable (unless you're trading for Jordan Reed, as an example - but a guy like Wilson, he's got no long-term injury risk - even with Matthew Stafford, his back injury was the one flag that legitimately raised Q's of how long he can keep playing...and still does.  Just LAR already got the ultimate return, so it's all gravy at this stage for them).

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Okay, that's, uh, interesting.

Earlier in the thread I said I think the Broncos will go 10-7 and fight for a playoff spot.

With or without Russell Wilson? Because without him they have been a 4-5 win team. If you're saying they're going to now win 10 games, I just want to know who you think is playing QB for that team and how that person is better than Drew Lock or Trevor Siemien.

What pieces are they missing?

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, but that latter scenario is pure hindsight.    Especially with the QB class, it's not like DEN is passing up on 2-3 guys that ppl are really high on.   There MIGHT be one.  That is a huge factor into this calculus.

The "he might get hurt" argument is rightfully ridiculed because it's completely unpredictable (unless you're trading for Jordan Reed, as an example - but a guy like Wilson, he's got no long-term injury risk - even with Matthew Stafford, his back injury was the one flag that legitimately raised Q's of how long he can keep playing...and still does.  Just LAR already got the ultimate return, so it's all gravy at this stage for them).

I’m not saying that the trade should have been impacted because he could get injured, I’m talking about looking at the trade down the line. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I feel like you've been here long enough to understand why this is a bad take.

I don’t understand what you think I’m trying to argue for. All I’m pointing out is that no one knows what’s going to happen. I think the trade was pretty damn even. It’s not some coded message that I think is going to happen, I’m just saying that it is a possibility that would possibly skew the way the trade looked down the line.