AFC Conference = Wild-Wild West (of the Quarterback Position):

(No Specific Order).

Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City).

Russell Wilson (Denver). 

Josh Allen (Buffalo).

Joe Burrow (Cincinnati). 

Justin Herbert (Los Angeles).

Lamar Jackson (Baltimore).

I've never seen anything (quite like this) within my AFC Conference before.

Not even during the 1990s with Dan Marino/Jim Kelly/John Elway/Warren Moon did it feel this absolutely fully loaded & this absolutely STACKED @ the QB position. 

PS: Don't forget about two extremely talented up and coming AFC QB prospects who were just drafted #1 and #2 overall (and who were drafted into crap 1-15 and 2-14 teams) in...

nfl_wilson_lawrence_glow_16x9.jpg

Also...

FKY8uZNXsAEu67Q?format=jpg&name=large

N.F.C currently currently stands for the 'No. Fun. Conference'. 

15 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Wrong forum

You’re right that the AFC is loaded at QB though.

Sorry my fault I just didn't know which forum to place it under? 

And I've never seen anything like this before with Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City), Russell Wilson (Denver), Josh Allen (Buffalo), Joe Burrow (Cincinnati), Justin Herbert (Los Angeles) and Lamar Jackson (Baltimore)?

+

3 promising AFC 1st Round QB Prospects from 2021's draft class in Trevor Lawrence (Jacksonville), Zach Wilson (New York) and Mac Jones (New England)?

Heck maybe even the likes of younger QBs in Tua Tagovailoa (Miami) and Baker Mayfield (Cleveland) will develop into something over the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Sorry my fault I just didn't know which forum to place it under? 

And I've never seen anything like this before with Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City), Russell Wilson (Denver), Josh Allen (Buffalo), Joe Burrow (Cincinnati), Justin Herbert (Los Angeles) and Lamar Jackson (Baltimore)?

+

3 promising AFC 1st Round QB Prospects from 2021's draft class in Trevor Lawrence (Jacksonville), Zach Wilson (New York) and Mac Jones (New England)?

Heck maybe even the likes of younger QBs in Tua Tagovailoa (Miami) and Baker Mayfield (Cleveland) will develop into something over the next couple of years. 

Well, it’s in the right one now. I could have sworn it said NFL News, but I see no evidence of it having been moved so I’ll just say my bad. Lol

• Like 1

From 2001 to 2018 Brady, Manning, and Big Ben went to 16 of a possible 18 Super Bowls and won 10 of them.

From 1984-1998 Kelly, Elway, and Marino went to 9 1/2 of a possible 15 (Reich won 2 playoff games in 1992) and won 2.

Mahomes and Burrow are 3 for 3 the last 3 years with 1 win so its gonna be a while until the AFC is that top heavy again with dominant QBs.

They do have the potential for sure.

Feels weird as heck the Steelers and Colts are the two teams dragging down the AFC QB quality.

Honorable mentions to Jets (prove your pick), Dolphins (prove your pick), Texans (Watson issue), Browns (Baker needs to prove himself, good luck).

11 hours ago, Trojan said:

Feels weird as heck the Steelers and Colts are the two teams dragging down the AFC QB quality.

Honorable mentions to Jets (prove your pick). 

Coming out of college Zach Wilson posted (had) the 6th Highest NCAA Single Season QB Rating of All-Time and became the highest drafted BYU player since dating back to Steve Young of 1985 (the year I was born). 

Zach Wilson as only a Rookie was drafted into an absolute crap situation and drafted into an absolute crap 2-14 team but yet has already proved his potential moving forward (because his Rookie Season was more impressive than fans outside of our Jets fan base will ever truly realize).

I now completely understand/comprehend why NFL Draft Gurus were comparing this kids arm talents to the likes of Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen while coming out and they weren't lying; because as a Jets fan he made throws as a Rookie Quarterback that I've never once ever witnessed a Jets QB make before. 

A.) During his first 3 games while adjusting to the speed of an NFL game he struggled while throwing 7 INT's with games of 1/2/4 INTs) with a 3 game QB Rating of only 51.6. 

B.) From there on out he showed tremendous improvements throughout his final 10 games (while showing both physical and mental toughness).

C.) Throughout his final 10 games (combined) he scored 11 TDs but most importantly only 4 INTs (despite 278 passing attempts) and with 0 multiple INT games. 

D.) Throughout his final 10 games he put up a QB Rating of 76.5. 

E.) Throughout his final 5 games only Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson himself were the only two QBs to not throw a single Interception (despite 140 passing attempts).

• F.) He proved his physical and mental toughness while being sacked 8x week 18 vs. Buffalo and 44x throughout the entire season (behind an atrocious O-Line) but yet only lost 1 Fumble? That's insane.

• G.) He showed all of this tremendous improvements throughout his final 10 games and that was despite having to play against the NFL's #1 ranked and most difficult Defense Schedule (of any QB within the entire league) and as a Rookie? He passed the challenge; because he survived. 

• H.) He showed my NY fan base tremendous improvements despite less than ideal situations consisting of atrocious QB circumstances while also having to line up under Center behind the NFLs most injured Offense (of any team in the league). No other QB within the entire league was forced to play Quarterback with as many offensive teammates out due to either Covid or Injury as Zach Wilson himself. 

(See for yourselves).

Spoiler

All-Rookie LG Alijah Vera-Tucker = 1 game missed. 

Starting RT Morgan Moses = 1 game missed. 

#5 WR Braxton Berrios = 1 game missed.

Starting Center Connor McGovern = 2 games missed. 

#4 WR Keelan Cole = 2 games missed. 

1 TE Ryan Griffin = 3 games missed.

#1 RB Michael Carter = 4 games missed. 

#3 (slot) WR Jamison Crowder = 5 games missed. 

WR Denzel Mims = 6 games missed. 

#2 WR Elijah Moore = 6 games missed.

#2 RB Telvin Coleman = 6 games missed.

#2 TE Tyler Kroft =  8 games missed. 

#1 WR Corey Davis = 8 games missed. 

Starting RG Conor McDermott = 11 games missed. 

Franchise LT Mekhi Becton = 16 games missed. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2021_injuries.htm

Poor rook never stood a chance to survive but yet (some how some way) he not only managed to survive but also managed to show an ability of tremendous improvements throughout his final 10 games with 11 TDs/4 INTs and a QB Rating of 76.5).

PS: This kid has wheels too and as a Rookie already broke the Jets All-Time record for the longest QB run within Franchise History...

Zach Wilson looked and competed 10x better than what any box score can  show you...

(You'll have to see it to believe it).

We've got ourselves a special one here in NY and now it's time to load up and build around this kid QB. I'm fired up over Zach Wilson. 

And trust me when I say that our GM Joe Douglas is going to absolutely build around him because we're currently A+ fully loaded in both top 3 Available NFL Salary Cap Space along with the NFL's #1 Ranked and Rated upcoming Draft Capital. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 2

The AFC is loaded at QB but it just goes to show you how things constantly change. The NFC had the big time QBs while the AFC didnt and the teams had to draft Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, etc... Now the NFC has to do the same in these upcoming drafts.

Back to the AFC though, its going to be a blood bath. Thats why teams like the Bengals and the Titans having chances this past season to capitalize on a great opportunity but failed could come back to haunt them. The Titans arent going far with Tannehill as their QB. The Bengals I do love Burrow and they need to fix their OL but I think a healthy Ravens team is better with Lamar. The Colts have an overall talented roster but they arent going far with Wentz and they arent going anywhere unless they upgrade. Trubisky isnt going to be that upgrade. The Pats arent going anywhere with Mac Jones either. The Steelers wont be going anywhere with Jimmy G if they get him or at least in year 1 if they got a rookie in Pickett. Maybe the future will be extremely bright for the Steelers if they got Pickett long term but not right now.

Mahomes is still the class of the AFC. Right after him Im saying Russ bc Im still a huge Russ fan and believer. I hate the Seahawks but now I can root heavily for the Broncos unless they play the Rams which they do this season so Russ still cant escape Donald lol. At least he will only have to play him once in the season unless they see each other in the Superbowl which possibly could be this season then it would really be Russ luck lol. Right after Russ, Ill say Allen especially from what I saw from him in these playoffs. Then Lamar bc he is so dynamic as a playmaker already winning unanimous MVP and got the playoff monkey off his back. After him its Burrow, Carr, and Herbert. I like Herbert overall talent and potential. He is more likely to win a Superbowl or multiple Superbowls than Carr is but currently Im giving Carr his due. He has led the Raiders to the playoffs. He literally has carried the team no matter how much craziness the team has going to around him. I think Carr is vastly underrated. I do think Lawrence has the chance to jump high on this list in the next two seasons if he can get things turned around starting this upcoming season. Then we shall see about Zach Wilson. Oh and the biggest mystery is Watson. When does he step back on to the field? Where will he play? If he stays in the AFC and plays sooner rather than later and shows that he hasnt missed a beat then I think he belongs up there in the top 3 behind Mahomes and Russ. You could make a case that he would be better than Mahomes in terms of talent and what he can do with a great coach and roster around him. Its too bad he more than likely wont stay in the AFC as Houston would be crazy to trade him to a team like the Steelers even though I dont think the Steelers would even have interest in him. 

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Coming out of college Zach Wilson posted the 4th Highest NCAA Single Season QB Rating of All-Time and became the highest drafted BYU player since dating back to Steve Young of 1985 (the year I was born). 

Two things:

- Wilson had the 7th highest rated QB Rated season, not 4th:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/pass-rating-player-season.html

Behind guys such as Mac Jones, Tua Tagovailoa, Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield.

- Steve Young busted his first two years as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer (who drafted him at 1.1) then backed up Joe Montana for five years before he started his HoF run. Where he was drafted is merely a footnote to his overall career.