2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Not certain that is a fair assessment...Aiyuk beats his coverage an unprecedented amount of the time. Unfortunately for him, Jimmy G neither has the arm to maximize the depths of some of Aiyuk's routes nor does he look Aiyuk's way all that often.

This had better change with Lance. 

That Deebo has something that Aiyuk doesn't? I stand by that 100%. Deebo is different than any receiver in the game. He's a receiver in a RB body. I didn't say Aiyuk is bad or isn't playing well. I said Deebo is different. 

36 minutes ago, GW21 said:

When I read ASU I immediately thought of that scene from Ted 2. 

I think Deebo provides something Aiyuk doesn't - really anyone in the NFL doesn't - so that's why I think that between the two of them, if one is gone it'll be Aiyuk. I'm not raggin on Aiyuk either as I think he's going to have a big year. 

I do fully expect Aiyuk to be much more productive with a QB that can maximize his skillset. I think what Aiyuk provides is easier to find than what Deebo provides though, which is why I could see our staff choosing Deebo over Aiyuk if they are forced to make that decision. 

47 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Im a massive Arizona St fan and i nearly cried when we drafted Aiyuk so id rather it be Deebo lol.

PS no Arizona St jokes and wondering how one can become a fan lol.

Actually, in high school (1988, I think? The year Notre Dame & West Virginia went at it), I participated in the Fiesta Bowl Pageant of Bands. My band took 2nd in Parade Marching and 3rd in Field Performance from 'lil ole Broken Arrow High School, here in Oklahoma (the campus is actually larger than many junior colleges). So, having performed in Sun Devil Stadium, I do kind of like ASU. 

At first, I was disappointed we didn't take Lamb that year. However, as I got more insight on Aiyuk, I got VERY excited about the pick. He's my fave WR on the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That Deebo has something that Aiyuk doesn't? I stand by that 100%. Deebo is different than any receiver in the game. He's a receiver in a RB body. I didn't say Aiyuk is bad or isn't playing well. I said Deebo is different. 

I do fully expect Aiyuk to be much more productive with a QB that can maximize his skillset. I think what Aiyuk provides is easier to find than what Deebo provides though, which is why I could see our staff choosing Deebo over Aiyuk if they are forced to make that decision. 

Okay, but that goes both ways: Aiyuk has dimensions rarely seen before. For a guy who is about 6' even, he has disproportionally long arms and I believe it may apply to his legs as well. If Lance can be who we think he is, people will take note of Aiyuk in shocking fashion much like we already have with Deebo...just used a bit differently (Though they both run sweeps!). 

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Actually, in high school (1988, I think? The year Notre Dame & West Virginia went at it), I participated in the Fiesta Bowl Pageant of Bands. My band took 2nd in Parade Marching and 3rd in Field Performance from 'lil ole Broken Arrow High School, here in Oklahoma (the campus is actually larger than many junior colleges). So, having performed in Sun Devil Stadium, I do kind of like ASU. 

At first, I was disappointed we didn't take Lamb that year. However, as I got more insight on Aiyuk, I got VERY excited about the pick. He's my fave WR on the team. 

You have good taste lol …..i loved Jake the Snake Plummer up until he went to the Broncos. I must admit the Broncos are ultimately my most hated team and i will sound off on horse face John Elway from time to time.

If we can get anything near those 2 Hill offers for Deebo, I take it in a second. He'll likely be extended before the year starts, but if he demands much more than the 20m/yr deals we've seen, I start looking for a trade partner. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

If we can get anything near those 2 Hill offers for Deebo, I take it in a second. He'll likely be extended before the year starts, but if he demands much more than the 20m/yr deals we've seen, I start looking for a trade partner. 

Brady throwing to Deebo/Tyreek/Waddle/Geisicki in McDaniel's offense in 2023 is going to be wild

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Okay, but that goes both ways: Aiyuk has dimensions rarely seen before. For a guy who is about 6' even, he has disproportionally long arms and I believe it may apply to his legs as well. If Lance can be who we think he is, people will take note of Aiyuk in shocking fashion much like we already have with Deebo...just used a bit differently (Though they both run sweeps!). 

I know he's got Calvin Johnson type arms for a 6 foot guy which in theory extends his catching radius. I still think that is easier replaced than Deebo's skillset, whether that be by a guy that is excellent at separating or some other trait. 

I feel like you are getting the impression that I'm dogging on BA, which is far from the case. Aiyuk is awesome at getting separation and is awesome after the catch as well. I'm just saying that I think his skillset is easier to find than someone like Deebo, who imo is one of the most unique offensive weapons in the NFL.

If you remember when we drafted Deebo over AJ Brown, I was not happy. I thought he could be pretty good, but hated his injury history, and definitely didn't see him producing like he has since. 

TL;DR I'm a big Aiyuk fan and I hope we can keep him and Deebo long term, but I think Deebo's game is harder to replace than BA's. 

24 minutes ago, adamq said:

I see your point but…..Davante Adams was traded because they have Rodgers, Hill was traded because Mahomes, if we trade Deebo who do we have? We really don’t know who we have in Lance yet.

Edited by 9erFreak77
  • Like 2

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this entire mess. Listing to the 49ers podcast universe  basically resign themselves to the fact that he will be in training camp with the 49ers is kind of sad to listen to though. Some guys just sound so beaten down about it lol. The next stage is everyone convincing its the right call. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this entire mess. Listing to the 49ers podcast universe  basically resign themselves to the fact that he will be in training camp with the 49ers is kind of sad to listen to though. Some guys just sound so beaten down about it lol. The next stage is everyone convincing its the right call. 

Again its Florio…..just last week he said 2nd rounders are on the table for Jimmy. Florio likes the sound of his own voice.

• Like 4

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

Again its Florio…..just last week he said 2nd rounders are on the table for Jimmy. Florio likes the sound of his own voice.

FTR, that's not what Florio said. Florio said that he had heard that Lynch was telling teams he had two second rounders in hand for Jimmy. That's a very important distinction. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

FTR, that's not what Florio said. Florio said that he had heard that Lynch was telling teams he had two second rounders in hand for Jimmy. That's a very important distinction. 

Be that as it may……Florio is still an idiot in my opinion lol.

• Like 1