2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it would have been Washington. 

You think they would have given up the two 2nd rounders? Lynch said they never got an offer but I wonder if Washington talked about that before Jimmy's shoulder surgery?

I guess that would make sense from Ian's tweet about "not wanting to wait for Jimmy." I took it as the FO being too hard to negotiate but maybe Washington just did not want to wait for him to get healthy. 

Definitely a frustrating situation. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You think they would have given up the two 2nd rounders? Lynch said they never got an offer but I wonder if Washington talked about that before Jimmy's shoulder surgery?

I guess that would make sense from Ian's tweet about "not wanting to wait for Jimmy." I took it as the FO being too hard to negotiate but maybe Washington just did not want to wait for him to get healthy. 

Definitely a frustrating situation. 

I think there would have been a compromise. I think a second would have been included in the deal but hte second pick likely would have been conditional. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

I may have to flip to @J-ALL-DAY's side now. 

When you say "well we only had one big planned addition...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we had to curtail what we were able to do in free agency because we had to go with the scenario's that included Jimmy on the roster" I can't really have your back by saying, "well, they weren't going to spend anyway because these were ticketed for extensions" 

I can understand having a back-up plan to the back-up plan and having contingencies for whatever scenario fell to them. I mean there had to be a plan for keeping Jimmy if they couldn't attain the compensation they felt was adequate. Who knows what that was before free agency and what excatly they got offered. But you have to think once word of Jimmy's surgery got out, they had to know that they were not going to get what they desired intially. And that was well before free agency. So there was enough time there to strategize and say if we have to end up keeping Jimmy, here's how we'll attack free agency. I'm sure if Jimmy had been traded by now and off the books, maybe they go harder after a legitimate vet@LG with starting experience. But overall, I don't take Lynch saying we couldn't be "as aggressive" as him saying they would have gone out and signed a Gilmore, Wagner and starting LG to go along with Ward. I just don't see us being that overly aggressive w/o knowing how Lance looks as a starter. That just doesn't make sense to me from a football perspective. Sounds much more feasible to be more aggressive next off-season once you have better idea if Lance is the QBOTF or not. This team has it's share of top end talent. It's not like we needed to make some big splash in free agency to keep up with the Joneses, in essence. 

Edited by 757-NINER

14 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Dwelley resigned. Hopefully very little guaranteed money is involved. I hope we can upgrade our TE depth in the draft and not have to rely on Dwelley this year.

Meh. I just don't see it with him. Really wanted a upgrade there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh. I just don't see it with him. Really wanted a upgrade there.

I don't think that'll be hard to do. I hope he's just a camp body at this point. Woerner has passed him on the depth chart already. 

So, apparently Dee Ford’s injury guarantee is no longer valid. Would we save money releasing him now? I was under the impression it wouldn’t benefit us financially to release him, which is why he was still on the team. I’m very confused, as you can tell

15 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

So, apparently Dee Ford’s injury guarantee is no longer valid. Would we save money releasing him now? I was under the impression it wouldn’t benefit us financially to release him, which is why he was still on the team. I’m very confused, as you can tell

Pretty sure it's not valid because we restructured him. He's 14 million to cut right now and only costs 7 in terms of cap hit. I'm assuming that we are stashing him on IR all year, or if we cut him, it'll be post 6/1. HE's going to cost about 8.5M in dead cap in 2023 regardless. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure it's not valid because we restructured him. He's 14 million to cut right now and only costs 7 in terms of cap hit. I'm assuming that we are stashing him on IR all year, or if we cut him, it'll be post 6/1. HE's going to cost about 8.5M in dead cap in 2023 regardless. 

In Lynch’s presser, it sounded like they are gonna cut him at some point

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

In Lynch’s presser, it sounded like they are gonna cut him at some point

Cut him, ir him. All the same at this point. Can save like 1m if they cut him post June 1, so I assume that is what the plan is. Then just eat the 8+ million in dead money next year

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L...........

Lynch is trying his best to convince teams that they may hold on to Jimmy to improve the trade value but it's gone man, it's GONE! He's not fooling anyone. 

But it's so much fun if he sticks around

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

But it's so much fun if he sticks around

You could tell this saga has taken a toll on him. He looked beat up yesterday and didn't have the same energy he usually has. Even made mention of Jimmy giving his "farewell" after the season but now wants everyone to think he may be returning to the team? Sure John, suuuuuureeeeee 😂.