2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, N4L said:

Deebo might be my favorite 49er of all time. Hes in the top 5 for sure (gore, willis, jsmith, deebo, kittle)

I may never get over this.

I've been numbed by the slaughter that was 2010.. losing all those guys at once made me lose all interest in the NFL for a year and a half. This sucks but at least we (hopefully) have a QB and defense

Just now, StevenK said:

Could Carolina be a dark horse team? He's from Carolina, or? 

No. They have no second, no third. They actually have a good receiving corp with Moore, Robbie Anderson and they just drafted Terrace Marshall. 

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

The whole point of the trade would be to have a cheaper player on a rookie deal

I don't think so. Deebo is the one who requested the trade. Dont' think that this is similar to the Buckner situation where I do think that there was a financial aspect involved (re-sign Armstead, move on from Buckner's big salary and get cheaper). 

The point of this trade could in theory still be to try and win now. The biggest issue people have trading Deebo is that he's the best player on the offense and we are a worse team without him. You solve a huge chunk of that problem by having him replaced by Diontae 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think so. Deebo is the one who requested the trade. Dont' think that this is similar to the Buckner situation where I do think that there was a financial aspect involved (re-sign Armstead, move on from Buckner's big salary and get cheaper). 

The point of this trade could in theory still be to try and win now. The biggest issue people have trading Deebo is that he's the best player on the offense and we are a worse team without him. You solve a huge chunk of that problem by having him replaced by Diontae 

This is kind of the thing that first crossed my mind. I’m pretty sure Johnson’s deal is up after this year and he’s going to get paid too based on the current market. If we got the Jets package we’d basically be getting two high second rounders and a high third that would be under salary control for a reasonable price for at least three years. Of course this requires us to hit on these picks, so you never know. 

• Like 3

Just now, GW21 said:

This is kind of the thing that first crossed my mind. I’m pretty sure Johnson’s deal is up after this year and he’s going to get paid too based on the current market. If we got the Jets package we’d basically be getting two high second rounders and a high third that would be under salary control for a reasonable price for at least three years. Of course this requires us to hit on these picks, so you never know. 

Yep, it's all about what you want to do. The picks are a higher variance...far lower downside, far greater upside because of the cost. 

The real advantage the picks have is that honestly, you only really need to crush one of the three to make the trade somewhat of a success. And you don't even have to crush it crush it. If you get a receiver that puts up close to 4k - 4500 yards, 20 touchdowns  over their 4 year rookie deal for a total of 8 million dollars, thats huge. 

• Like 2