2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep, it's all about what you want to do. The picks are a higher variance...far lower downside, far greater upside because of the cost. 

The real advantage the picks have is that honestly, you only really need to crush one of the three to make the trade somewhat of a success. And you don't even have to crush it crush it. If you get a receiver that puts up close to 4k - 4500 yards, 20 touchdowns  over their 4 year rookie deal for a total of 8 million dollars, thats huge. 

That's kind of why I'm leaning more towards getting a Jets type package instead of a player that's contract is coming up and a 2nd. If we hit on the picks we acquire with quality starters, we'd be better set up long term imo. It's also like you mentioned; these picks don't have to be pro-bowl players for this to be a success. If we got three solid starters, say a guard, a receiver, and a safety, this team would be a little more well rounded and wouldn't be crippled when Deebo misses time, which is almost a certainty that he'll at least miss one game. 

I don't know that I have the answer to this, but I think having 5 picks in the top 100, as opposed to 2, greatly increases our odds to land multiple starters on cost controlled deals.

One thing to remember is that we drafted Deebo in round 2; to flip him for two 2s and a 3 would be great value for that pick. 

I wonder if we are trying to get a receiver in return with picks because someone mentioned that the Niners knew that Deebo wanted to be traded for at least a week and yet we didn't bring in any of the receiver prospects. Now granted I would imagine the Niners know who they could potentially go after, but still seems odd to not have a plan just in case.

Unless we can still mend this relationship and just pay him! 

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That's kind of why I'm leaning more towards getting a Jets type package instead of a player that's contract is coming up and a 2nd. If we hit on the picks we acquire with quality starters, we'd be better set up long term imo. It's also like you mentioned; these picks don't have to be pro-bowl players for this to be a success. If we got three solid starters, say a guard, a receiver, and a safety, this team would be a little more well rounded and wouldn't be crippled when Deebo misses time, which is almost a certainty that he'll at least miss one game. 

I don't know that I have the answer to this, but I think having 5 picks in the top 100, as opposed to 2, greatly increases our odds to land multiple starters on cost controlled deals.

One thing to remember is that we drafted Deebo in round 2; to flip him for two 2s and a 3 would be great value for that pick. 

I mentioned it on the main board, but if you get 35 / 38, there's a real chance that you end up with like Burks / Moore & Linderbaum (who I still think is a top 10 player in this class if you're basing solely on how well eveyrone played their position in college). Maybe you do a Safety + receiver and then do Jurgens or someone like that at 61. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I think this is getting to the point of no return here. I, like @Forge, thinks this gets done prior to or during the draft, so we should at least have some resolution here in a week or so. 

I would prefer if he gets traded to do it now or sooner rather than on draft day. Like we all now know, the organization has already known about his unhappiness. 

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I would prefer if he gets traded to do it now or sooner rather than on draft day. Like we all now know, the organization has already known about his unhappiness. 

It would certainly spice up our mock draft thread if it got done sooner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mentioned it on the main board, but if you get 35 / 38, there's a real chance that you end up with like Burks / Moore & Linderbaum (who I still think is a top 10 player in this class if you're basing solely on how well eveyrone played their position in college). Maybe you do a Safety + receiver and then do Jurgens or someone like that at 61. 

Right? If we could land Linderbaum and Burks at #35 & #38 I'd be a very happy man. That would patch up our two biggest holes immediately if Mack doesn't come back and obviously backfilling Deebo. We'd still have picks 61, 69, & 93 in the top 100 at that point as well to address safety, edge, guard, corner, etc. 

Naturally Burks wouldn't have the production Deebo did right out of the game, or maybe ever, but it'd help us in two spots. I think Linderbaum is a day one starter.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah, when Deebo went public about wanting a trade there is no return. 

Perhaps, but i wonder. I remember Raheem Mostert & Robbie Gould publicly requested trades before and nothing happened. Also remember the Kittle negotiations were getting a little heated but then it got settled. 

Wonder if there's still some wiggle room or a middle ground in the negotiations 

While I think this is all exciting to talk about, if Green Bay can come back from that mess last year there is no way our hands are forced at this point. When it gets to the Charles Haley peeing in convertables point maybe thats something else but this is still small potatoes at this point I think.

8 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

While I think this is all exciting to talk about, if Green Bay can come back from that mess last year there is no way our hands are forced at this point. When it gets to the Charles Haley peeing in convertables point maybe thats something else but this is still small potatoes at this point I think.

I think it can be rectified, and we don't know all the details as to what's prompting this, but I'm kind of at the point that I don't want to reward this behavior. I think we should just cut bait and immediately extend Bosa, who is acting like a professional. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I think it can be rectified, and we don't know all the details as to what's prompting this, but I'm kind of at the point that I don't want to reward this behavior. I think we should just cut bait and immediately extend Bosa, who is acting like a professional. 

Bosa isn’t going to sign a deal this year. He wants to get paid! Just like how Deebo wants to reset the market, Bosa is about to do the same. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Bosa isn’t going to sign a deal this year. He wants to get paid! Just like how Deebo wants to reset the market, Bosa is about to do the same. 

He's going to get paid and reset the market regardless of when he signs. I could see him re-signing this offseason, but we'll see. 

30 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I've been reading that the 1st round of this years draft is kind of weak and next years is supposed to be stronger

If so, i wouldn't mind getting a 2022 2nd/2023 1st. I think thats fair compensation for both sides

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets offered one of there first round picks this year.