2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They won't do that. If he's not moved before the draft, then he's staying put until at least next offseason. Then possibly tag and trade type of situation if he doesn't have a long-term deal by then. 

I think he ends up signing a long-term deal this offseason though. 

All the $$$ in the world will still not bring him closer to where he wants to be though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually could get behind this...Because when asked about working out with Lance, he said he's not coming to California so hopefully Lance meets him in Miami or somewhere in the East Coast. He's very close to his mom and he just had a baby boy so he probably misses them.

Still think if you treat him right in negotiations, this can get done.

Going to take this as a soft denial 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Deebo is going to just continue to deny everything lol. Clearly something is really ticking him off...And it's probably some of the clauses in the initial offer. This FO tends to really make players upset in the early going. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is getting ridiculous, I'm saying it now, it's about the money, not him as a WideBack or being closer to home, players go where the money is, they're not dumb, he knows he's gonna get paid big time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Neither do I.  I still think money is the primary factor here and I'm certain that they will figure something out if that is the case. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Neither do I.  I still think money is the primary factor here and I'm certain that they will figure something out if that is the case. 

It's incentives and certain clauses in his contract that he probably has issues with. Everyone is caught up in the APY number but I don't think it is that. This team really is difficult at times with how they do deals and Deebo probably feels very disrespected at the moment.

They made this request before the draft to gain more leverage....Or at least that is their hope. If they put this out after the draft, they knew it would be kind of worthless since there would be no chance he gets moved at that point. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deebo is going to just continue to deny everything lol. Clearly something is really ticking him off...And it's probably some of the clauses in the initial offer. This FO tends to really make players upset in the early going. 

This is what I am thinking too. 

It's no different than what we do with our first round picks every year. We start off too far on one side of the spectrum, and then don't get serious about making a deal until about 4 days before training camp. It's why most guys sign their deal with the rest of the team on the field doing warmups. 

Before that point, the policy is that if the player takes the team friendly deal, great. If not, we still have time to work something out. 

I don't think paraag has been very serious about coming in earnest to the negotiating table because he views it like we have multiple months to get this done. I can see why deebo wouldn't want to wait without knowing for certain we were going to give him the deal he wants. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's incentives and certain clauses in his contract that he probably has issues with. Everyone is caught up in the APY number but I don't think it is that. This team really is difficult at times with how they do deals and Deebo probably feels very disrespected at the moment.

They made this request before the draft to gain more leverage....Or at least that is their hope. If they put this out after the draft, they knew it would be kind of worthless since there would be no chance he gets moved at that point. 

This is what I've been saying as well. It's gotta be something we've built into the contract to protect ourselves. 

• Like 2