2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is no reason Deebo could not be great for another 3-4 seasons. There will be some rocky moments with him getting banged up but when he is on the field, he's one of the best players in the league period. SPECIAL and one of one with the ball in his hands. I get sometimes you have to make tough decisions as we did with Buckner, but I just can't accept letting him go during Lance's rookie contract. We have to give Lance as much talent as possible to win now. Will only get harder once Lance gets paid. 

I think if you extend Deebo you basically are saying goodbye to Ayiuk in a sense. And when i watch the games with Lance Ayiuk was a bigger part(as a receiver at least) in those games than Deebo. I am not arguing if Deebo deserves to be paid like a top receiver far from. I just think its the same as with the Buckner/Armstead one where going with the lesser cheaper option is the way i would do it or at least wait a year to see how the offense evolves with Lance at the helm. And with Deebo he can easily miss a big part of next year and be cheaper after it,

18 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think if you extend Deebo you basically are saying goodbye to Ayiuk in a sense. And when i watch the games with Lance Ayiuk was a bigger part(as a receiver at least) in those games than Deebo. I am not arguing if Deebo deserves to be paid like a top receiver far from. I just think its the same as with the Buckner/Armstead one where going with the lesser cheaper option is the way i would do it or at least wait a year to see how the offense evolves with Lance at the helm. And with Deebo he can easily miss a big part of next year and be cheaper after it,

In theory, I am right there with you. I've said ad naseaum that WR is not a position you need a top tier guy to win. As long as Shanny is here, he will absolutely coax production out of that position.

BUT Deebo isn't just a WR in my eyes. He's a offensive weapon. He's one of a kind. A WR who plays RB. A ball carrier who runs routes. He's the WR version of Marshall Faulk in that he's so good at a skillset not typically aligned with his position that you sometimes forget what position he plays. And those are the type of talents you don't let walk. You pay them their worth, hope to surround them during their prime with as much talent as possible, and then move on from them a year early rather than a year late.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

You're not saying goodbye anytime soon though. We got Aiyuk at the very least for three more seasons if we want. Lance has three more years until he gets a new deal. You have to go for it now man, this will be as talented of teams Lance will have in his career. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're not saying goodbye anytime soon though. We got Aiyuk at the very least for three more seasons if we want. Lance has three more years until he gets a new deal. You have to go for it now man, this will be as talented of teams Lance will have in his career. 

And we have Deebo for at least 2 too. 

23 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

And we have Deebo for at least 2 too. 

I mean he doesn't have the 5th year option like Aiyuk but we can tag him....though you can tag Aiyuk as well. Deebo won't play on the tag though and likely forces a trade. 

I don't know, but I'm just not willing to trade any of our top 3 weapons while Lance is on a rookie deal. Deebo is a special talent and he will be paid as such. 

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Wouldn’t trading Ryan be nearly impossible due to his cap hit?

They announced a few days ago (last week?) that they had agreed to restructure, but they didnt actually execute the restructure, so it is possible to trade him. 

I cant help but laugh, Jimmy really had surgery to try and get us to cut him, but instead he is going to be a backup on some team next year because there are not going to be any starting jobs available. 

Don Yee and Jimmy played themselves 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, N4L said:

They announced a few days ago (last week?) that they had agreed to restructure, but they didnt actually execute the restructure, so it is possible to trade him. 

I cant help but laugh, Jimmy really had surgery to try and get us to cut him, but instead he is going to be a backup on some team next year because there are not going to be any starting jobs available. 

Don Yee and Jimmy played themselves 

I doubt that will happen. Now that the niners have shown a commitment to keeping him on past the initial deadline, they'll get a sucker, though I still think teams should call their bluff and make them keep him all year

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt that will happen. Now that the niners have shown a commitment to keeping him on past the initial deadline, they'll get a sucker, though I still think teams should call their bluff and make them keep him all year

Why do you hate the 49ers?