2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

9 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I’m not understanding how Mayfield would even be considered by the Colts considering how the Wentz thing went down. I mean, if Wentz was an idiot, I can’t see Mayfield being any less an idiot.

I think the big difference is that Mayfield’s teammates like him: That being said, I definitely would not mind seeing him traded to Seattle. 

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think the big difference is that Mayfield’s teammates like him: That being said, I definitely would not mind seeing him traded to Seattle. 

I'm not sure that's the case

If the surgery really was a grenade that Jimmy lobbed at the front office to blow up his trade market, I wonder if we'd trade him to Carolina now lol. I always figured we wouldn't trade him somewhere like Carolina where he likely wouldn't want to be. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If the surgery really was a grenade that Jimmy lobbed at the front office to blow up his trade market, I wonder if we'd trade him to Carolina now lol. I always figured we wouldn't trade him somewhere like Carolina where he likely wouldn't want to be. 

I doubt at this point Jimmy will even say no to any starting job.

• Like 1

Have terms for Ward & Burks.

Charvarius Ward:

$12.025M signing bonus, has 2 void years, $1.035M Base(2022), $13.56M Base(2023), $12.56M Base(2024), $340K per game roster bonuses(2022-2024), $100K workout bonuses(2022-2024), 2022 base is GTD, $5M of 2023 base is GTD, remaining $8.56M becomes GTD in 2023, likely April 1(Not sure, wasn’t told)

Cap Numbers:

2022- $3.8M
2023- $16.405M
2024- $15.405M

Oren Burks:

$1.365M signing bonus, has 3 void year, $1.035M Base(2022), $1.9M Base(2023), $340K per game roster bonus(2023), $100K workout bonuses(2022-2023), unsure of base guarantees, I imagine 2022 is fully GTD.

Cap Numbers:

2022- $1.408M
2023- $2.773M

Wasn’t given any incentives numbers, so Ward’s deal is 3yr/$40.5M($13.5M APY), Burks is 2yr/$5M($2.5M APY), I have them at $4,414,615 under, before McCloud & Odum's deals.

• Like 2

@49erscap can you confirm this for me? 

An option bonus is basically a delayed / deferred signing bonus, right? So once you have paid that, if you trade / cut someone, all of those deferred prorations would escalate to a current year cap? But you can trade someone before you've paid the option bonus and that would go to the new team, right? 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

@49erscap can you confirm this for me? 

An option bonus is basically a delayed / deferred signing bonus, right? So once you have paid that, if you trade / cut someone, all of those deferred prorations would escalate to a current year cap? But you can trade someone before you've paid the option bonus and that would go to the new team, right? 

Yes the option bonus is a delayed or deferred bonus, if the option bonus has been paid, and you cut or trade the player, the remaining prorations accelerate onto the cap in the year you release/trade the players, unless post june 1, only that seasons proration will count the rest go on the next seasons cap.

And yes if you trade the player to a team before it's due, then yes, the new team takes it on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erscap said:

Yes the option bonus is a delayed or deferred bonus, if the option bonus has been paid, and you cut or trade the player, the remaining prorations accelerate onto the cap in the year you release/trade the players, unless post june 1, only that seasons proration will count the rest go on the next seasons cap.

And yes if you trade the player to a team before it's due, then yes, the new team takes it on.

Thought so....thanks so much! 

• Like 1