Week 10- 7 more weeks till he gone

Johnny Nix

On 11/7/2017 at 10:12 AM, theJ said:

But the Titans have been playing pretty poorly for a few weeks now.

Meh, we played pretty well last week. Controlled almost the entire game but didn't go for the kill (which is a constant problem). The Mariota injury derailed things for a few weeks. Starting Cassell and a 14-point officiating swing cost us the Dolphins game and he was incredibly limited against the Colts and Browns. Corey Davis is back and Mariota can at least move out of the pocket now that we're out of the bye, so I think things are looking up.

On 11/8/2017 at 11:49 AM, fluhartz said:

They aren't any good either,

5-3 with one of the losses coming with Matt Cassell as the starting quarterback. I'm not going to say we're good, but there's reason for optimism given just how incredibly average almost the entire NFL is at the moment. With a fully healthy Mariota, there have been flashes of truly good play (Jaguars game, Seahawks game, most of the Ravens game),  certainly mixed with some average. Definitely a team that rarely makes things look easy, so I think the national perception is worse than they've actually looked.

Anyways, I'd feel better if A.J. was out. Last week gives me hope, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to make of the Jaguars in order to pretend like I know what any of the results with that team actually means. Titans schedule is pretty easy, so this is kind of a big game with Arizona, Indy, Houston and SF coming up after the Steelers game. So I'm already mentally preparing for the loss on Sunday.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Meh, we played pretty well last week. Controlled almost the entire game but didn't go for the kill (which is a constant problem). The Mariota injury derailed things for a few weeks. Starting Cassell and a 14-point officiating swing cost us the Dolphins game and he was incredibly limited against the Colts and Browns. Corey Davis is back and Mariota can at least move out of the pocket now that we're out of the bye, so I think things are looking up.

5-3 with one of the losses coming with Matt Cassell as the starting quarterback. I'm not going to say we're good, but there's reason for optimism given just how incredibly average almost the entire NFL is at the moment. With a fully healthy Mariota, there have been flashes of truly good play (Jaguars game, Seahawks game, most of the Ravens game),  certainly mixed with some average. Definitely a team that rarely makes things look easy, so I think the national perception is worse than they've actually looked.

Anyways, I'd feel better if A.J. was out. Last week gives me hope, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to make of the Jaguars in order to pretend like I know what any of the results with that team actually means. Titans schedule is pretty easy, so this is kind of a big game with Arizona, Indy, Houston and SF coming up after the Steelers game. So I'm already mentally preparing for the loss on Sunday.

I actually like and am rooting for the Titans (except for this week).. I was just saying how some of your fans were acting like they are going to kill the Bengals easily..and that could happen, but there is talent on the Bengals... ole marv just doesn't like to show it...

If you do win.. I hope its all on Mariota....#fantasyfootball 

I would say good luck this week..but I wouldn't mean it..

So I hope for no injuries and good luck the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I can't wait for the league to try to defend Burfict's ejection.....by suspending him.  That was the biggest load of sh!!!!!!t of the year, and there's been plenty this year.

It was a makeup for not suspending AJ Green for this week.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

If you say so.  Nice win for you.

It was a garbage ejection. Lewan had a similar one last year. The refs have specific players they look out for and rush to throw flags whenever they're involved. Didn't like the first personal foul on him either.

Glad we got the win, but that was a sloppy game. Not sure how I would have stomached a loss with the Davis fumble/touchback and Matthews easy touchdown drop.

I think at this point, firing Marvin mid-season might not be a bad idea.

Thing is, he knows he's gone.  So he's trying to win games this year, instead of setting this team up for next year.  An interim coach would have one eye on next year at least, and probably play guys like John Ross, the backup linemen, WJIII etc.  Playing these vets that are going to be gone next year isn't doing the club any favors at this point.  And Marvin won't stop until he's shown the door.

Archived