Jaguars release LB Myles Jack

RaidersAreOne

He was one of the biggest draft crushes I've ever had. Hasn't really lived up to those lofty expectations, but is still a damn good player and has been for a while now. 

Unless that rumored degenerative knee has finally caught up with him, I don't understand this at all. Although I don't understand anything the Jaguars are doing this offseason so this is just par for the course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

What’s funny is that many called his position ATH coming into the league…well that remains true. The guy simply doesn’t understand the game of football. And yes…he will probably not age gracefully with that knee. 

He just isn’t as much of a playmaker as I thought he’d be. 

He’s a very good complimentary piece on a defense like he was in 2017 imo. Just don’t want him being a focal point of a defense. I think he could definitely help someone.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He just isn’t as much of a playmaker as I thought he’d be. 

He’s a very good complimentary piece on a defense like he was in 2017 imo. Just don’t want him being a focal point of a defense. I think he could definitely help someone.

The problem is that I think he has declined athletically. I think he’ll have the career trajectory of Gurley. Anyone expecting to get this super athletic guy is going to be disappointed. Wish we could have traded him…but the fact that we couldn’t says something. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

idk he feels like the same player as Jamin Davis honestly.  We need a smart linebacker who can run the defense. 

This is one thing you don’t want him doing. You want him not having to think out there and just run/hit.