How would you grade the Jets FA thus far?

Jets FA  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade the Jets FA thus far?

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Heading into Free Agency we were ranked #2 in available Salary Cap Space. 

So far we've lost our own run stuffing Folorunso Fatukasi to FA and we've only signed...

• KR/PR/WR: Braxton Berrios (own).

• RB: Telvin Coleman (own).

• G: Laken Tomlinson (FA). 

• TE: C.J Uzomah (FA).

(0 Defensive FA players signed despite rankings 28th-32nd within just about every statistical category known to Defensive mankind). 

No HOF players like Schultz or Cooper. With all the available cap space and picks that you spewed out, this offseason is a complete disaster and failure for the Jets.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Just because you're a Joe Douglas can't do no wrong type of fan doesn't mean I'm the same as you. 

I like Joe Douglas for the moves he's made in order to give us the NFL's #1 ranked up coming Draft Capital. 

But I'm not like you.

I don't applaud all of his draft blunders + atrocious FA signings. 

I’m a “I don’t get mad things don’t go my way” fan. 

Is Douglas supposed to kidnap people and force them to sign deals?

You have tunnel vision and you think you know better than everyone else. Reality is this stuff is more difficult than we all imagine. I see his vision, I’m giving it time. If it works out great, if not someone else will try. Outside of that I’m not pressed about it, my life isn’t impacted by what the New York Jets do.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

No HOF players like Schultz or Cooper. With all the available cap space and picks that you spewed out, this offseason is a complete disaster and failure for the Jets.

Hey. I'm used to it. I'm a Jets fan. No playoffs in 11 years and no SB since dating back to 1968's season. 

So nothing you say can bother me. 

Dallas had one of the worst FAs of any team and even worse than the Jets so far. You've lost one too many quality starters without the draft capital to replace them (and still improve).

I'm not happy with our FA but I'm excited for the NFLs #1 Draft Capital in order to continue building up our core. 

Maybe I wanted star power so bad due to not only #2 available Salary Cap Space with Zach Wilson on a Rookie contract but also 11 consecutive years of no Playoffs. 

I'd really enjoy watching this newer Jets Front Office truly build around this kid QB. 

I remember the turnarounds from 1-15's 1996 to 9-7 the following season before 1998's AFC Championship Game against those legendary Broncos. I remember 2009 and 2010's back to back AFC Championship Games alongside of a Rookie/2nd year Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan like it were yesterday. 

I miss those days. It was fun on Sundays. 

And believe it or not throughout all 3 of those AFC Championship Game roster(s) all 3 of them had major contributors within the form of Impactful star players (who weren't originally drafted by 3 of my All-Time favorite Jets teams) and came by way of either Trade or Free Agency. 

We've all got our own expectations on how to build a winner.

Thankfully I'm only one fan amongst thousands of Jets fans and at least as a fan base (for once) there's three things that we're mostly all in agreement over amongst one another 🤝

1.) How super talented Zach Wilson truly is (A++ arm talents). 

2.) How fully loaded like filthy animals we are in Draft Capital (NFL's #1 ranked and rated Draft Capital).

3.) We've got a real potential Franchise Altering opportunity waiting ahead of us for this newer Front Office to truly build a super talented 🏈 team around this kid Zach Wilson and our Quarterback position; because with picks #4, #10, #36 and #38 aka 4 premium picks within just the top 38 draft slots? And within an elite draft class featuring freakishly insane athleticism never once seen before? And 4 of these types of kids will become immediate day 1 starters? Along with another high 3rd round pick, two premium 4th round picks and two even another 5th rounders? Game Changer. 

Yes. I'm guilty

Of wanting to get this Offseason FA Party started off early with the likes of Amari Cooper, J.C. Jackson, Marcus Williams and Dalton Schultz 4 positions where NY has been weak @ and weak @ for a long time @ WR/CB/FS/TE. I'm guilty of wanting to immediately attack those 4 positions.

However. I've gotta learn to trust Jets fans more often when it comes to FA. 

• Round 1: Either one of Kayvon Thibodeaux, Aidan Hutchinson, Ikem Ekwonu, Evan Neal or a 4th overall sleeper pick Sauce Gardner (got our elite Edge Rusher/O-Line or CB).

• Round 1: Drake London or Garrett Wilson instead of Amari Cooper @ 10th overall (got our #1 WR prospect for Zach Wilson). 

• Round 2: Trey McBride @ 36th. Got an ever higher graded prospect than Dalton Schultz. Got our 30 year old long dream TE. 

• Round 2: Daxton Hill @ 38th overall out of Michigan or Lewis Cine out of Georgia (we got our Marcus Williams to develop).

etc. 

I'm disappointed in FA overall (right now) and feel we could've done much better but after the draft I'm sure I'll be feeling differently once looking back to today (hindsight is always 20/20) especially if we load up on the 4 WR/O-Line/CB/TE positions that I was FA focused on (O-Line too). 

• Like 1