Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

Rodney Hudson and I bought baby cribs at the same store, which did in fact influence me targeting him. I had him targeted earlier, then a bunch of centers went off the board and I slid him down. Then I have a second board that is basically pure BPA roughly jotted down (made this second board after I missed seeing DJ Reader available when I took Rousseau) and I saw him pretty high and moved him back to round 16. Happy to have landed him, he's really nice too.

Edited by Trojan

I have a few tackle prospects left I liked to finish up my line, but as my pick approached and after that discussion about players with versatility I kept looking back to Feiler as one of the best for potential reserves as he has played well at both sides and both tackle and guard. I didn't feel like he was BPA, but the versatility to reserve multiple spots (or just play RT if a run happens and I get locked out) elevates his importance with limited offensive bench slots. Still feels weird to take reserve OL before RT if my plan executes just right.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I have a few tackle prospects left I liked to finish up my line, but as my pick approached and after that discussion about players with versatility I kept looking back to Feiler as one of the best for potential reserves as he has played well at both sides and both tackle and guard. I didn't feel like he was BPA, but the versatility to reserve multiple spots (or just play RT if a run happens and I get locked out) elevates his importance with limited offensive bench slots. Still feels weird to take reserve OL before RT if my plan executes just right.

Wasn't Feiler god awful at OT though?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Wasn't Feiler god awful at OT though?

2017: PIT 1 start 5 games played (ST and some RT) 75.9 PFF grade | PFR AV value 1
2018: PIT 10 starts 11 games played (RT) 71.7 PFF grade | PFR AV value 5
2019: PIT 16 starts 16 games played (RT) 75.9 PFF grade | PFR AV value 6

then he went to the Chargers and has played LG
2020: LAC 13 starts 13 games played (LG) 65.0 PFF grade | PFR AV value 7
2021 LAC 16 starts 16 games played (LG) 74.0 PFF grade | PFR AV value 7

more of a run blocker than pass blocker

Edited by Trojan

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

2017: PIT 1 start 5 games played (ST and some RT) 75.9 PFF grade | PFR AV value 1
2018: PIT 10 starts 11 games played (RT) 71.7 PFF grade | PFR AV value 5
2019: PIT 16 starts 16 games played (RT) 75.9 PFF grade | PFR AV value 6

then he went to the Chargers and has played LG
2020: LAC 13 starts 13 games played (LG) 65.0 PFF grade | PFR AV value 7
2021 LAC 16 starts 16 games played (LG) 74.0 PFF grade | PFR AV value 7

more of a run blocker than pass blocker

PFF grades mean nothing to me...I seem to remember him being awful at RT for the Steelers, going to LA and being a solid OG.

I also have no clue what PFR AV value means.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

PFF grades mean nothing to me...I seem to remember him being awful at RT for the Steelers, going to LA and being a solid OG.

I also have no clue what PFR AV value means.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/index37a8.html

It's a formula the guy that runs pro-football-reference made to vaguely calculate at a quick glance a single number that applies to all positions. PFF grade and PFR AV and whatever other metric isn't obviously an end all be all, but there isn't one. Those are widely available and help guide if a player has an argument though. If you read Chargers offseason needs guard opposite Feiler is discussed and RT is a big need (they cut [a guy currently undrafted], who also was frequently hurt). When the Chargers authors and fans discuss the need at RT they often mention Feiler's experience at RT in PIT as a route LAC could go in if two guards better aligns to BPA then RG+RT. 

• Like 1