Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Busy, but not altogether worse for the wear.  Just a litigation binge in which I inherited cases and and then stuck trying to salvage it.  How about you?

Working in-house for a corporation doing mostly contract work.  Little tedious, but its remote which is nice with a baby.

Been looking at a few positions around town now that the legal market is starting to come back.

33 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

This is partially why I don’t like having trading in these

My bad g, just woke up and commented on the Brown pick without seeing anything else. Woulda swung you an offer if I had realised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

This is partially why I don’t like having trading in these

Tbh I felt bad for possibly snagging Brown right in front of you,  didn’t even realize you were right behind me till the @.  Didn’t figure you wanted to trade with me 😂

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Basically all of the guys I was targeting just got taken lol so if you want to trade hit me up

I'll check back in like 15-20

I'll trade my next pick for this pick. 

Its almost an offer too good to be true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Tbh I felt bad for possibly snagging Brown right in front of you,  didn’t even realize you were right behind me till the @.  Didn’t figure you wanted to trade with me 😂

It’s fine. Honestly as good as he is I’m not a big AJ Brown guy.

And it’s not you specifically, or even WFLukic. Just the situation.

I’ve done off-season mocks too where it’s like you don’t want to hold things up, but you wait 60-90 minutes hoping to gain value in a move back and nothing. So you reluctantly take a guy trying to move things along, and the very next team otc falls ***-backwards into a better deal than you were even hoping for. Happens twice in the same mock sometimes.

Not every owner is going to be paying attention all the time. We have jobs and kids (and wives we’re concerned about?). That’s fine. But specifically in a current player mock held during business hours, where our teams are voted on afterwards, to play the dice game of who gets lucky with trades and who doesn’t, just feels like an unnecessary complication in a voting structure that already by it’s nature can’t be perfect. (We couldn’t all see injuries the same/positional value/etc.)

It’s just, imo, an additional inconsistency. But I’m not hosting this. And I didn’t do the legwork. So I should probably just stfu. 

What can I say, I’m just a grown man who right from birth was too competitive to simply “have fun playing”. Even without trades the voting will be imperfect. So it doesn’t matter. 

I’m just reminding myself to build the team I want to build. And if I get bored waiting to pick I’ll try to sneak in a subtle name-drop so irrelevant it won’t get anyone picked, just me in trouble. For my amusement…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

It’s fine. Honestly as good as he is I’m not a big AJ Brown guy.

And it’s not you specifically, or even WFLukic. Just the situation.

I’ve done off-season mocks too where it’s like you don’t want to hold things up, but you wait 60-90 minutes hoping to gain value in a move back and nothing. So you reluctantly take a guy trying to move things along, and the very next team otc falls ***-backwards into a better deal than you were even hoping for. Happens twice in the same mock sometimes.

Not every owner is going to be paying attention all the time. We have jobs and kids (and wives we’re concerned about?). That’s fine. But specifically in a current player mock held during business hours, where our teams are voted on afterwards, to play the dice game of who gets lucky with trades and who doesn’t, just feels like an unnecessary complication in a voting structure that already by it’s nature can’t be perfect. (We couldn’t all see injuries the same/positional value/etc.)

It’s just, imo, an additional inconsistency. But I’m not hosting this. And I didn’t do the legwork. So I should probably just stfu. 

What can I say, I’m just a grown man who right from birth was too competitive to simply “have fun playing”. Even without trades the voting will be imperfect. So it doesn’t matter. 

I’m just reminding myself to build the team I want to build. And if I get bored waiting to pick I’ll try to sneak in a subtle name-drop so irrelevant it won’t get anyone picked, just me in trouble. For my amusement…

I'm building a team how I want with 0 regards of how people care. 

• Like 1