Jets trade LB Blake Cashman to Texans for 2023 6th rounder

RaidersAreOne

Omg. Wow.

What a STEAL for the Jets!

Blake Cashman is a former 5th round pick who's made out of glass and is always injured.

2019: 9 games missed. 

2020: 12 games missed. 

2021: 14 games missed. 

I'm 🔥'd up about this 6th round pick and only because our Front Office has been doing a really good job @ finding 6th round talent throughout the previous 4 years (Folorunso Fatukasi, Braden Mann, Hamsah Nasirildeen and Brandin Echols). 

I honestly didn't think we could trade Blake Mr. Plexiglass Cashman for not even a single slice of NY style 🍕

And chances are it'll be a top 3 overall pick within the 6th round come 2023's draft. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Omg. Wow.

Blake Cashman is a former 5th round pick who's made out of glass and is always injured.

I'm 🔥'd up about this 6th round pick and only because our Front Office has been doing a really good job @ finding 6th round talent throughout the previous 4 years (Folorunso Fatukasi, Braden Mann, Hamsah Nasirildeen and Brandin Echols). 

I honestly didn't think we could trade Blake Mr. Plexiglass Cashman for not even a single slice of NY style 🍕

And chances are it'll be a top 3 overall pick within the 6th round come 2023's draft. 

Lol wild, what is this?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Omg. Wow.

All that talent and the Jets are still a bottom 5 team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Omg. Wow.

Plexiglass is actually quite durable.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

All that talent and the Jets are still a bottom 5 team.

Not for long. 

We've got the NFLs #1 ranked and rated up coming 2022 Draft Capital.

4 picks within the first two rounds (4 picks within just the top 38 draft slots alone).

• 4th overall. 

• 10th overall.

• 36th overall. 

• 38th overall. 

Within one of the most freakish (athleticism) draft class of All-Time too. 

Our biggest weaknesses/needs are @ Edge Rusher, WR, O-Line and TE. 

And this draft class is extremely deep @ all 4 positions of Edge Rusher/WR/O-Line/TE which means NY is guaranteed to feast with a 4 run Grand Slam. 

• One 3rd round pick (5th overall of the 3rd round).

• Two 4rh round picks (6th and 12th overall of the 4th round).

• Two 5th Round Picks (3rd and 20th overall of the 5th round).

Don't look now but I'm so fired up for this draft because it's absolutely fully loaded in 🔥 power and no team features as much A++++ draft capital as my Jets do; it'll become Franchise-Altering. 

We won 4 games last year despite a Rookie QB, Rookie HC and Rookie OC along with a servere lack of talent; Jets will 100% compete next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Not for long. 

We've got the NFLs #1 ranked and rated up coming 2022 Draft Capital.

4 picks within the first two rounds (4 picks within just the top 38 draft slots alone).

• 4th overall. 

• 10th overall.

• 36th overall. 

• 38th overall. 

Within one of the most freakish (athleticism) draft class of All-Time too. 

Our biggest weaknesses/needs are @ Edge Rusher, WR, O-Line and TE. 

And this draft class is extremely deep @ all 4 positions of Edge Rusher/WR/O-Line/TE which means NY is guaranteed to feast with a 4 run Grand Slam. 

• One 3rd round pick (5th overall of the 3rd round).

• Two 4rh round picks (6th and 12th overall of the 4th round).

• Two 5th Round Picks (3rd and 20th overall of the 5th round).

Don't look now but I'm so fired up for this draft because it's absolutely fully loaded in 🔥 power and no team features as much A++++ draft capital as my Jets do; it'll become Franchise-Altering. 

We won 4 games last year despite a Rookie QB, Rookie HC and Rookie OC along with a servere lack of talent; Jets will 100% compete next year. 

Big deal I have 4 picks in the top 9 in BDL

• Like 4

@DefenseWinsChampionships Not sure how old you are but the Jets had 4 1st round picks in 2000.

12, 13, 18, 27

Becht was a decent catch/block combo TE

Pennington was a very good QB (several shoulder injuries made him decline over time)

Abraham and Ellis were very good DE an DT pillars for that D. (207 career sacks between them)

If you get something like that (but more upside at 6 and 10) then I could see a quick turnaround.

Its still going to come down to what Wilson can be and I'm not holding my breath for them to overtake Buffalo.

Wildcard is a fine goal for this year and next.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@DefenseWinsChampionships Not sure how old you are but the Jets had 4 1st round picks in 2000.

12, 13, 18, 27

Becht was a decent catch/block combo TE

Pennington was a very good QB (several shoulder injuries made him decline over time)

Abraham and Ellis were very good DE an DT pillars for that D. (207 career sacks between them)

If you get something like that (but more upside at 6 and 10) then I could see a quick turnaround.

Its still going to come down to what Wilson can be and I'm not holding my breath for them to overtake Buffalo.

Wildcard is a fine goal for this year and next.

I'm 36 been watching since 1992s season. 

2000s draft had awesome draft capital but what separates 2022s is our 3rd round and two 4th round picks; 2022s is much deeper. 

I'm not expecting playoffs whatsoever next year we're going to be extremely young @ multiple key positions.

I'm just hoping after going from 2-14 to 4-13 for somewhere around 7-9 wins. 

I'm thinking 2023 is when we'll compete for the playoffs because we're ever more fully loaded in 2023 Available Salary Cap Space than we were heading into 2022's Free Agency so I'm thinking 2022 we'll continue to draft building blocks before using 2023s Offseason in order to fill in the remaining holes before completing our roster. 

Still a long ways to go for the Jets but it's an exciting time for our fan base. 

Not expecting 2022 Playoffs though. 

• Like 2