IDOG_det

GOTW  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What game should be the GOTW?

• #1 Georgia @ #10 Auburn
    • #3 Notre Dame @ #7 Miami
    • #6 TCU @ #5 Oklahoma

4 minutes ago, PAW said:

Auburn could wreck the SEC.  Could go from 2 to 0 playoff teams.

If Auburn wins out I think they get in even with two losses. You have to put them ahead of UGA, who they would beat in the SEC title game, as well as Bama. It would probably work out for them. Under that situation, with a little chaos, I would not be surprised if Bama was SEC team #2 in the playoff, even without any great wins. Seems a bit ridiculous if they didn’t play in a conference title game with a loss to Auburn, but the committee gave it to OSU last year. If Auburn beats UGA, loses to Bama, and Bama beats UGA though, it’s cut and dry, one team in from the SEC.

Just now, NateDawg said:

If Auburn wins out I think they get in even with two losses. You have to put them ahead of UGA, who they would beat in the SEC title game, as well as Bama. It would probably work out for them. Under that situation, with a little chaos, I would not be surprised if Bama was SEC team #2 in the playoff, even without any great wins. Seems a bit ridiculous if they didn’t play in a conference title game with a loss to Auburn, but the committee gave it to OSU last year. If Auburn beats UGA, loses to Bama, and Bama beats UGA though, it’s cut and dry, one team in from the SEC.

Bama's schedule sucks, no way they make it if Auburn beats them and they don't win the SEC.  They will have 0 quality wins.

Auburn would need a lot of help.

If Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin win out I don't think Auburn would make it even if they win out (which would mean they would have 3 wins against the current top two teams).

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

Bama's schedule sucks, no way they make it if Auburn beats them and they don't win the SEC.  They will have 0 quality wins.

Auburn would need a lot of help.

If Notre Dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin win out I don't think Auburn would make it even if they win out (which would mean they would have 3 wins against the current top two teams).

I agree that Alabama shouldn’t, just think they could. I also agree with the scenario you suggested. I’m operating under assumptions that there is a little chaos, as there usually is. I don’t think all those teams win out. 

Bama would have no resume. Just seem to be a team the committtee would favor by name recognition.

Archived