This gets its own thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, mtmmike said:

I was thinking you would direct the truck to Berea .

If they were not drunk when they did this then maybe they should be.

My biggest complaint was not about getting a better qb but Watson is only marginally better by any measure.

Could you Imagine a off season of reasigning clowney sign Zaderius Smith

Then draft Jordan,Winfrey,Mecir,and Ross plus have millions in cap space.

At this writing this is the worst off season sense Banner was in charge

That would be something

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@brownie man I can feel it dude those inside sources are wrong, Watson is gonna be a Brown yo just look at our loaded roster. No one else stacks up bruh.

I never said for sure Watson was going to sign with us. I wasn’t going to take any bets. 

Thats why I made the poll in general. I definitely believe we have the best roster, and they definitely went down there and pitched. Whether he said yes was his decision. But I’ve never wavered you try to get Watson and if now you roll back with Baker. 

I’ve never brought up any other QB besides Watson. I’ve never said Carr Jimmy or anybody. It was Watson or bust. I’m glad they tried and Baker should come back and be a good solider and put his best foot forward. Whether he wants to resign with us depending on how things turn out would still not be up to him. 

We could still franchise him later, and if he wants to leave and get traded that just shows you who he is. 

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I never said for sure Watson was going to sign with us. I wasn’t going to take any bets. 

Thats why I made the poll in general. I definitely believe we have the best roster, and they definitely went down there and pitched. Whether he said yes was his decision. But I’ve never wavered you try to get Watson and if now you roll back with Baker. 

I’ve never brought up any other QB besides Watson. I’ve never said Carr Jimmy or anybody. It was Watson or bust. I’m glad they tried and Baker should come back and be a good solider and put his best foot forward. Whether he wants to resign with us depending on how things turn out would still not be up to him. 

We could still franchise him later, and if he wants to leave and get traded that just shows you who he is. 

Oh I agree. If my wife thought she could land a guy who was a 9 and took her chance while i (a solid 6 with upside) would sit at home and wait to see if she would come back to take her back with open arms. Otherwise I'd be a bad soldier. 

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Don’t care how Baker feels, I’m bringing him back for next season. There doesn’t seem to be a better alternative and he has zero leverage to force a trade.

Honestly, if Garafolo is right I'm thrilled.

Leading up to the Injury, from the Cincinnati game last year (when Odell got hurt), he played in 14 games, which includes the 2 playoff games.

In those 14 games, he was 286 of 436 (65.5%) for 3469 yards with 21 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

That is what he looked like before he separated his shoulder trying to make a tackle.

I understand he sucked last year, and not all of it was because he was injured.  I understand he can be a child (newsflash, so can our owner).

But he is still the best option we have at hand.

I hope the report is true that we told his agent at the combine that they might go after someone like Watson but we are planning on him being our QB this year.

I hope we sit down with him and say "listen, the best position for you is here, our best option is you, lets get together and help this team win."

I want to see him succeed here.

Because we can court all the guys we want, but Watson should be a huge signal, he didn't want to be here.  Baker is the only guy who has WANTED to be here.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

HuhHappy Birthday GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Oh I agree. If my wife thought she could land a guy who was a 9 and took her chance while i (a solid 6 with upside) would sit at home and wait to see if she would come back to take her back with open arms. Otherwise I'd be a bad soldier. 

Marriage is a lifelong commitment. That’s why she’s your wife. If she was your girlfriend that’d be different. That’s the whole point of marriage it’s a LIFELONG commitment. Baker got one more year on his contract. 

not the same context 

how is this any different from the Jimmy G San Fran deal?

Edited by brownie man

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Marriage is a lifelong commitment. That’s why she’s your wife. If she was your girlfriend that’d be different. That’s the whole point of marriage it’s a LIFELONG commitment. Baker got one more year on his contract. 

not the same context 

50% of marriages fail. Probably about the same rate as #1 overall QBs. 

Jimmy G couldn't stay on the field and they drafted his replacement. We have nothing. 

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

not the same context 

Have you read Thomas’s takes on Baker?  That’s a lifelong commitment too.

But yeah, comparing infidelity in a marriage to a business relationship is wild af.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Your a solid 7 in my eyes, soldier

• Like 2