Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Rodgers has to have been on board with this, since he's a narcissist and this gives him a chance to say "I made Davante Adams" and prove it by playing well.  It's not like Adams was part of his inner circle anyway.  He invites Bakh and Cobb to the derby party, not Tae.

Gute's pulling out all the stops right?
I mean....he drafts Love and gets AR to put out two straight MVP seasons.....
Now he gives AR more motivation to keep bringing it   :)  

With some discretionary cash in hand, I wonder if Gute wants Sullivan back? 

• He's not great, but he won't be expensive. 
  • And we might not appreciate the value of "average" until we perhaps replace it with "awful". 
  • Anti-awful has a lot of value, in my mind.  

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Is that so .. just catching up and was wondering if Rodgers was on board with this, or would be asking for a trade tomorrow. 

If we could get the acquiring team on board with paying the bonus money we gave him so we could get out relatively cheap, that would be great.

But seriously, Rodgers knew about this before he signed his contract. Adams was not coming back under any circumstance according to reports. Rodgers had to know they could not find a way to play together. 

March 4: Reports that Davante Adams has bought house in Las Vegas
March 8: Packers place franchise tag on Adams
March 15: Adams says he won't play under franchise tag
Match 17: Packers trade Adams to Las Vegas

Any chance Raiders were tampering? Did they tell Adams to refuse to work out a deal with Packers, and they'll work out a trade?

1 minute ago, craig said:

With some discretionary cash in hand, I wonder if Gute wants Sullivan back? 

• He's not great, but he won't be expensive. 
  • And we might not appreciate the value of "average" until we perhaps replace it with "awful". 
  • Anti-awful has a lot of value, in my mind.  

No Jaire most of the year. Douglas apparently back in the fold, or close to it, I'd say probably not. Believe it or not, I could see King back if he'd take the vet minimum. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Any chance Raiders were tampering? Did they tell Adams to refuse to work out a deal with Packers, and they'll work out a trade?

I'd say it's more likely Adams told GB if they put a tag on him, he was never playing under and wouldn't report. Guessing during his exit interview.

GB may have worked this out with the Raiders a long time ago. It just took Vegas a while to work out the details of the contract. It was reported Rodgers knew Adams wasn't coming back before he agreed to come back. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I would say Bak is his second best… 4th rounder and a All Pro LT. Position value says it’s Bak.

I could see that. But 4 years of elite production plus netting two premium draft picks for a second rounder is pretty sweet.

Edited by oldmansmell

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I mean we didn't even have the same HC or GM for more than a couple of weeks before he bought a house in Vegas. Which usually isn't a spur of the moment thing for the amount of money I'm sure he spent on the house. 

I find it hard to believe. And even harder to believe when you factor in the Packers got quite the haul for Adams. If it was a situation you're describing it seems like Adams can leverage it to going to the Raiders for pennies on the dollar instead of a first and a second. 

8 minutes ago, craig said:

So, we were just barely under the cap with Adams absorbing $20M of it.  

• But let's not think we've now got $20 to spend. 
  • 1st and 2nd round picks bump the cap cost of our draft class. 
  • So the draft class will take up a hunk of that $20. 
  • So will Rasul.  
  • So the amount of discretionary spending for TE, WR, 3rd OLB, DL is still not that much.  

Very few expected Adams to get traded .. that's a 20 million "gift" that will be utilized nicely.  And yes, that IS 20 million to spend on players/choices that wasn't there yesterday.