Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Do you ever bother to watch the pressers?  Guess not.  All you have to do is listen.  I'm not going to bother pulling up stats.  Beasley has been productive both in Dallas and Buffalo.  Go look for yourself.  Pretty nice career for an UDFA. 

He really hasn't been that productive. He's been force fed some highly inefficient targets. He's going to be 33 this year. He isn't getting better.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He really hasn't been that productive. He's been force fed some highly inefficient targets. He's going to be 33 this year. He isn't getting better.

Oh I agree.  No interest in bringing him in.  We don't need another slot.  He's also at that age where receivers drop off.  The FA WR market is piss poor.  Only guy I really wanted was Robinson.  Gute may unearth some gem but it won't be some washed big name FA.  Only true #1 will have to come from the draft.  We'll probably take at least 2 guys and sign a FA later on. 

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Beasley isn't even a full time starter, and his volume plummeted in the second half due to having subpar durability. Beasley has never had a 1000 yard season. 

he has some really interesting vs. zone and vs man splits.  That's about the only thing interesting about cole beasley

my opinion: don't like the person, don't like the player

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's zero other explanation for it. It certainly isn't in field production. 

He averaged 800+yd the last 3 seasons. Yards aren’t the end-all-be-all, but that’s frequently enough to get casual fans to talk about a player. It’s certainly more production that any of the receivers currently on the roster. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

He averaged 800+yd the last 3 seasons. Yards aren’t the end-all-be-all, but that’s frequently enough to get casual fans to talk about a player. It’s certainly more production that any of the receivers currently on the roster. 

800 yards on 109 targets isn't impressive. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers-team-stats?season=2021&category=receiving

None.  Next highest yrd total last year was Lazard at 513.  No point in arguing about Beasley.  I really don't care and don't want him.  In his career he was a fairly productive slot receiver.  We already have 2 guys in Rodgers and Cobb to fill that role.  It will be a very interesting season next year now that Aaron no longer has his security blanket.   2 draft picks and a low level FA signing is what I'm expecting.  We'll be OK next year.  Losing Adams hurts but a couple of new adds not expecting a huge drop off on O.   Need to address the TE position too.  Gute has got some holes to fill. 

Hypothetical 

Rodgers in the last 3 years is averaging approximately

Comp:  365
Attempts: 535
Yards:  4200
TD: 36

Lets see where we can distribute those numbers based on the averages

Targets
RB:  100-105 
TE:  90 
WR:  340

Adams went from 
Targets
2019 = 127
2020 = 149
2021 = 169

Lets distribute those targets among 3 WR at the top more like
WR1 = 100
WR2 = 90
WR3 = 70
WR4 = 40

That leaves 40 targets that can be spread around.  WR5 gets around 20-25 due to various injuries and such over the course of the season.  So we have 15-20 remaining that can be added to a RB passing game utilization.  

44 minutes ago, squire12 said:

WR1 = 100
WR2 = 90
WR3 = 70
WR4 = 40

we also might see the packers throw less often.

Assuming Cobb gets his 40-50 targets as the 3.  Probably a signee as either the 2 or the 1 will determine whether we have a split like this, or just a mess of 50-70 target guys including a bunch of TEs at 20-40, gadget RB/WR guys getting 20, etc.